You are, without a doubt, the healthiest son of a bitch I've ever seen wandering the Big MT. Ain't got no use for an old digital sawbones like me.
Sink Auto-Doc is an automated personality mounted in a Mark IX Auto-Doc found in the Sink in 2281.
The Sink's Auto-Doc is a prototype of Auto-Doc built by Dr. Mobius before he left the Think Tank and all of The Sink's systems were disabled. The Sink's Auto-Doc is capable of fully healing patient injuries as well as purge the body of radiation. It can also install implants if any have been loaded into its server. Haircuts and cosmetic surgery are another periphery the Auto-Doc can provide given it has the programs loaded. Although it was not programmed to do such, the Auto-Doc can perform a physiological analysis on patients; it can only do this once.
When his personality back-up is recovered from the Y-17 medical facility, the Auto-Doc is revealed to be modelled after a stereotypical Wild West doctor of the 1880s/1890s. When inactive the unit may: snore loudly, apparently ramble on about patient injuries such as; 'shoe lung' while 'asleep', or make passing comments on the player's general health.
 Interactions with the player character
 Interaction overview
 Other interactions
- The Sink Auto-Doc can heal all of your hit points and remove all rads for free as well as give you a haircut, provide a facial reconstruction, provide implants of varying price, switch in and out your brain, spine, and heart once you've found your brain, and allow you to change your traits (but only once). Note that in order to access the haircut and facial reconstruction features, you must first find the respective upgrades for the auto-doc.
- The Sink Auto-Doc only heals base level HP, bonus HP from Thought You Died is not restored.
 Notable quotes
Sink Auto-Doc appears in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues.
- Even with all the holotapes located & installed, the only options available while interacting with the Sink Auto-Doc are heal yourself & respec your traits. This bug is related only to the Spanish version of the game. The 3rd option in the menu it's left blank (error in the translation), so the game motor "thinks" that there are only two options.
- Skilled Trait, the Trait's bonus remains (the penalty does not).
If the Sink Auto-Doc is used to removed the
- The option to reset character traits is only available if the AI personalities are turned on.
- If you speak to the Sink Auto-Doc about changing your traits, the option will disappear from his dialogue even if you do not change traits. If you inquire about this by accident you will have to reload a previous save to change your traits.