Smith Casey's garage
Fallout 3 locations project
Smith Casey's garage
Military checkpoint North of Smith Casey's
Layout[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
The exterior looks very similar to any other abandoned business. There is a door out front and a garage door on the same side. The garage is surrounded by fallen trees and bramble. A Mister Gutsy or a sentry bot can sometimes be found outside the garage, near the military checkpoint and tent.
Following the road past the checkpoint north-northeast will lead to the broadcast tower PN.
Interior[edit | edit source]
The room opens into a average sized room with a counter on the rights side. Behind this counter is an open safe. There is a mattress with a skeleton behind the front counter that can be used for sleeping. Through the door near the counter is a switch that allows you to open the trap door that leads to Vault 112. Multiple mole rats can be found inside, and can take you by surprise.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- A Nuka-Cola Quantum can be found behind a bin containing many bent tin cans and empty soda bottles.
- A copy of Tumblers Today inside the open safe behind the counter.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is common to encounter a group of raiders at this location.
- If you have the Animal Friend perk, you still need to kill all the mole rats first, or they will attack Dad afterwards.
- This location does not reset, so it can work as both a rudimentary home or a loot stash.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Smith Casey's Garage appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- At the north corner inside the tent at the military checkpoint the left one of the two metal boxes has three metal boxes at the same spot. The different boxes can be accessed from specific angles.
- Sometimes upon arriving at Smith Casey's Garage the door will have a clipping issue and you will not be able to enter the garage.
- Sometimes while in sneak mode, the mole rats under the garage may automatically detect the player, this can happen even when the player's sneak skill is maxed out at 100.