Talk:Fallout: New Vegas companions
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Fallout: New Vegas companions".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Returning Lost Companions
- 2 Companions Level
- 3 Companions and Essentialness
- 4 Raul
- 5 Communication
- 6 Dogmeat
- 7 Healing
- 8 Dogmeat?
- 9 Victor/Orris
- 10 all companions? The gangs all here
- 11 Any GOOD companions in this game?
- 12 unkillable
- 13 Equiping armor?
- 14 losing companions
- 15 Companion lost (console/360)
- 16 vandals
- 17 Firing followers.
- 18 Companions Armor and Weapon Equiping
- 19 Healthpool scaling and out of combat regeneration
- 20 Companions always in danger *GLITCH*
- 21 Disappeared
- 22 More Than 2 Companions
- 23 Can angered campanions come back?
- 24 companions do not recycle ammo casing
- 25 Put it Back!
- 26 Clepto followers - Lucky 38
- 27 Rhonda, a Mr. Handy Bot looking for Tabitha.
- 28 Companion inventory limit not showing.
- 29 Do any of them smoke???
- 30 Remove certain names
- 31 Will not return to lucky 38
- 32 Missing Follower (PS3)
- 33 Cottonwood cove barge
- 34 How do companions level up?
- 35 Missing Companions
- 36 Waiting time
- 37 Companions die from poison when stimpak is used on them
- 38 Companions on the Map
- 39 Wears it anyways?
- 40 Experience
- 41 Help with lost companions
- 42 ED-E Missing in Patch 1.2
- 43 Boone is Missing
- 44 For auld lange syne still bugged?
- 45 Is there any way possible to have Boone and Cass?
- 46 Free ammo for followers
- 47 can't recurit arcade
- 48 I Put a Spell on you bug
- 49 recuirt all human recuirt (expect boone and ede
- 50 Returning to the Lucky 38
- 51 All- er.. MOST Companions Recruited
- 52 Missing entry for Arcade in the Companions section
- 53 Companion health reads 0/0 (PS3)
- 54 Companions inventory weight problem.
- 55 What is going on?!!?
Returning Lost Companions[edit | edit source]
The following fixes DO NOT work FOR ALL USERS when you lose one or both companions and are unable to find them at either your Lucky 38 suite or in their original home locations
- If you wait 3 days you should get a message saying your companions have returned to their respective meeting places.
- Vault 22 and use the central elevator (which you may need to repair at a skill level of 50). Take the elevator to another level. Your missing Companion(s) will be waiting there at the exit of the elevator. You will need to use the Companion wheel to tell them to follow you again as they will be in "Wait Here" mode. It appears that the game does some sort of companion check when using this elevator, and will move your companions here regardless of their status. . The same behavior can be found in the Hoover Dam using the elevator that leads up to the control room, where you install the override chip. Go to
like the person below me it did not work and i still cant find ED-E
*Edit: PS3: I lost companion Cass (but not Rex for some reason) in the Thorn bug where you participate in the arena and then your companion is gone. The map marker for Cass was totally off map on the local map, in an inaccessable null area. I had given up on getting her back. But, several missions and levels later, when I used the lockpick to break into Red Lucy's room off the Thorn, suddenly Cass re-appeared inside Red Lucy's room.
*Edit: i found my companions at the Thorn. i had entered a fight there and didn't notice until later that they were missing. i had to initiate dialog and ask them to follow me again.
*Edit: This did not work for me, and I would be surprised if it worked for you. I've been looking for ED-E for 2 weeks using every tip possible to no avail.
**Edit: Worked for me, both my companions had disappeared and had map-locations that weren't true, this caused them to re-appear immediately**
***Edit: Playing on PS3, Elevator trick had worked before, but no longer does since patch was released. Player deleted patch data and elevator trick still didn't work, so there must not be a connection between the patch and the trick. ED-E just hates the player and refuses to come back.*** 184.108.40.206 19:27, January 22, 2011 (UTC)
'***Edit: Playing on PS3- Lost Cass and Rex after fighting in Thorn too. Didn't notice they were gone until i got back to my suite at Lucky 38. Tried the elevator trick but it didn't work. What did work was going to the dismissal terminal at 38 and choosing to dismiss all companions. i had to go find them again at their original homes though. A hassle but it's not bad since I could fast travel there. Hope this helps. Note: Happened on July 11, 2011 on PS3 with latest patch.***
****Random person here, but would like to add that the Elevator worked for me.
*****Edit: I've tried every one of these tips for xbox 360, and my companion is still nowhere to be found. ED-E is just stuck in place that you can't see him or even talk to him. He's just stuck in a wall, and there's nothing I can do about it.
I had same problem and it has to do with upgrading E DE if you start to realize that EDE isnt shooting at enemies 1 inch away and getting stuck in the air (basically ,means not moving at all) remove him as a companion (send him to lucky 38 or back to primm and get rex or something else because EDE will randomeley dissapear. **Edit: Worked for me **Edit: Worked for me as well. Though they were still in wait here mode when they appeared**
- Another (unconfirmed) method for returning a companion, if fast travel or entering a structure doesn't work, is to simply use the wait feature from the select button on the controller. Choose to wait for 24 hours and once that time is up, your companion should be standing near you. The reason for this seems to be that the companion is stuck somewhere in the world, just like if they were to run off by themselves to fight an enemy or like they do occasionally when fast travelling somewhere. By waiting in one spot, you are allowing them to catch up with you, because just like the previous examples, they have to run from where they are to where you are standing. *Edit, if this works then you are lucky... this has never worked for me. Perhaps they could release a patch or something? ED-E had all of my best gear in its inventory.
The Ref id's for companions are listed on their respective pages (make sure to press enter after entering each line, after prid ____ you should see text at the top of your screen corresponding to the ref_id).
You can use player.moveto <ref_id> (instead of both commands stated above) too - if you want to know where you lost your companion. Be sure to make a new save before using any Console Commands.
This bug might be related to times when a companion wants to converse with you about his/her quest. In that case, after retrieving him you will need to initiate such a conversation yourself to make the person start following you again. If he/she still stands there and doesn't run after you after the conversation, you can try firing the person from the team and rehiring soon after. This should make them follow you again.
Push the Tilde key and then type in.
- Edit: After being knocked unconscious outside and then entering Nellis AFB, ED-E has disappeared completely. I still have his perk however waiting, fast traveling, and using elevators have not worked. His location is not shown on the map.
Sometimes a companion will disappear and not seem to be retrievable by fast travel or the moveto command.
- In that case, attempt this:
Move all items from the targeted companion over to yourself to avoid losing them.
(don't forget to press enter after each line - don't write it all as one line)
See Console Commands for more information on how to use the console.
- In that case, attempt this:
- When entering the Legion Fort, upon leaving via fast travel, your companion(s) may not follow you. They will be waiting at the Forts main gate.
- Rex to go back to the Lucky 38, he will disappear; in this case, he may be inside The King's School of Impersonation - simply go inside, look around, and you may see him run past you, out the door, and up to the Presidential Suite at the Lucky 38, where he'll be available for dialogue again. This also occurs and is corrected identically, on the PC version. Sometimes, if you direct
After returning to the casino I realised ED-E had disappeared I tried all the tips above and nothing worked. About 2 months later (Today) ED-E has strangely re-appeared at the casino. He is good as new. Happy to see him back again.
E-DE is a bitch. He ran off with all my food and water and stimpacks and such. He was my floating fridge and since I'm playing hardcore its pretty much a pain in the ass now. He got lost in vault34 I didn't want to keep looking behind because of him when I'm constantly getting radiated, Lilly got out fine though. I tried everything above but nothing works so I will just peacefully starve to death.
Companions Level[edit | edit source]
Are they stuck at the level you recruit them?--220.127.116.11 19:31, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
Only Veronica seems to be level-locked at 12, which makes her rather deadly as a follower for low-level players...all the others will scale up to at least level 20 (Starting level may vary, most start at 5...Lily seems to start at level 10). --18.104.22.168 00:06, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
How can you tell what level they are?
Also - are companions "Skill" limited? If I buy a gun that requires a 100 Gun skill level, will my companion use it well? Or just as poorly as me, with my 65 Gun skill?
Companions and Essentialness[edit | edit source]
Because seriously, this needs to be cleaned up. Hopefully if I put it here it'll be spread across the rest of the companion pages.
Companions are not essential unless they are actively following you. If you walk up to Boone at the top of the Dinky Dinosaur and blow his head off, he will die. If, however, you hire him first, he'll only be knocked unconscious. If you hire him, shoot him in the face, wait for him to stand up, ask him to leave, then shoot him in the face again... he'll die. Because he's no longer following you.
Obviously the whole thing is rendered moot on Hardcore, where companions are not essential under any circumstances.
I hereby proclaim the above to be true to the best of my knowledge. Also, I apologise to Cass, Veronica and ED-E for using them as target practise. Zakrael 23:17, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
Raul[edit | edit source]
I just wanted to throw this out there, but Raul may only be a temporary follower.Shadow 20:11, February 15, 2010 (UTC)
The weapons he uses are most likely a lead pipe for melee, and some type of rifle.Shadow 20:11, February 15, 2010 (UTC)
Why would he only be a temp? And his firearm is a .44 magnum. Haven't looked into what he has for a cqb weapon though. Regardless he is best with pistols. Before and after the war he was a gun slinger.
Communication[edit | edit source]
Theres a new way to communicate with companions as can be seen here. From thos pictures it seems that New Vegas is pretty similar to FO3 especially in appearance (which was to be expected).22.214.171.124 12:31, March 7, 2010 (UTC)
Dogmeat[edit | edit source]
Considering that there's been a recruitable dogmeat in all of the main fallout games before, there will probably be one in New Vegas right? or atleast some type of recruitable dog.
- Say it with me. S-p-e-c-u-l-a-t-i-o-n doesn't belong in the articles! Yaaaay. Nitty Tok. 03:42, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- I guess you could say that he's speculating, but he's right. I'd say there's like an 50-50 shot that Dogmeat returns, and like a 99% chance that there will be a recruitable dog companion. If you think otherwise, I'm assuming you've never played Fallout too much. Does this mean we should put it in the article? well, I guess not since it hasn't been confirmed. But you know he's right.B2tg 03:18, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, he was right. There again, he never suggested putting his speculation in the article in the first place. Smug asshattery doesn't belong on a community wiki, either. 126.96.36.199 12:15, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
- You can recruit a dog companion by doing a job for [SPOILER] The King in Freeside. He will ask you to get medical attention for his cyborg-dog Rex.
rex is the cyber version of dogmeat but does not sniff out chems or supplies just highlights them when you look at them.
Healing[edit | edit source]
Ok so companions in Fallout 3 healed instantly after battle. Will it be the same for New Vegas? And there is the option for them to use a Stimpak, if you're playing on hardcore mode will it heal them over time too? God damn ghouls 23:02, May 29, 2010 (UTC)
Stimpacks do provide an insta-heal for companions in hardcore, as you'll see their current health jump up by the total amount when you choose it in the companion wheel. Maskedmustelid 05:00, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
I've been seeing, even in hardcore, that companions heal to full health after all local enemies are dispatched, unless they're being damaged by lasting effects (poison is a BITCH with the stimpack OD glitch). Thorgold --188.8.131.52 03:43, April 8, 2011 (UTC)
Dogmeat?[edit | edit source]
I read that if you give him somekind of jerky he'll cough up a key needed for a mission and he'll follow you after that but will he be a temp. follower?
Where did you hear that? I didn't even know he was supposed to be in New Vegas. Please give us a link to where you read that because I don't think that is real. --FlameWolf 00:31, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- The jerky and key thing is from FO2 and involves a dog in Klamath, not Dogmeat.--Gothemasticator 01:51, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Uh,guys why is Dogmeat in the New Vegas section?--Help2099 04:31, December 1, 2010 (UTC)Help2099
last i new he wasnt in new vegas, but if so please tell everyone where we can find him. He is not in New Vegas,only Rex is.
Victor/Orris[edit | edit source]
I noticed Victor is on the list of companions now. Has it been confirmed that he'll be a companion? If so, please provide a source 'cause I haven't read that anywhere. Thanks. --Volundarkvioa 18:34, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
Victor is not technically a companion as far as i know, he just follows you around until you reach the lucky 38 by jumping between different securitrons, which he has the unique ability to do
Orris shouldn't be here either should he?
all companions? The gangs all here[edit | edit source]
one of the new trophy/achievements suggest we can hire all companions at the same time
- Eh. Maybe all at the same time, maybe over the course of the game. Nitty Tok. 01:40, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
It's over the course of the game and more than likely multiple playthroughs. The devs already confirmed that you may only have one humanoid (that includes robots, super mutants, and ghouls), and one non-humanoid (like that cyborg dog that The King owns). --Volundarkvioa 01:55, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Very unlikely to be multiple playthroughs. I don't know of any other achievements that can be split like that. ----Kris mailbox 02:21, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
- That wouldn't make sense though if there's a Caesar's Legion companion (since Boone is pro-NCR, and you can't get him if you side with CL. It would make sense to have a pro-CL guy too). If you go with NCR, you can't get him. If you go with Caesar's Legion, you can't get Boone. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I'm sure it'll just track your progress, same with the 10,000 of [insert whatever] achievements. Though that may just my thinking from all the FPS games I play. --Volundarkvioa 03:10, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
You can have all companions at once. Once you've hired a companion, have them wait at the Lucky 38 (rather than dismissing them completely). When they are waiting there, they aren't technically fired. Once all companions are either waiting at the Lucky 38 or following you, you should get the achievement. You CAN only have one non-human and one human companion following you at one time, however. Munin088 00:14, October 25, 2010 (UTC)
Can you still get the achievement if one of your companions dies?
-Yes, you can get the achievement if a companion dies (I know because I let the Van Graffs kill Cass), but only if they die after you've hired them at least once. Also, the wiki says that Arcade Gannon is indeed a permanent follower, but I got the achievement without recruiting him. 184.108.40.206 22:31, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
-I had a similar occurence, I've never even met Cass and I got the achievement. It seems that it might do a count on companions hired, but may be one short, causing this "gang" to only be mostly all there. ~Valoopy
ok the only 1 humaniod and one non humaniod thin g is bs at the moment i have veronica raul ede and doc gannan so it is posable to have more then 2 followers
Any GOOD companions in this game?[edit | edit source]
You know, like Fawkes, unkillable, and has an extremely powerful weapon? All these people seem weak. 220.127.116.11 14:30, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
And it really depends on your playing style. I, for instance usually hang back and use long range rifles to take on enemies, so Craig Boone works well for me. I can't stick him in the middle of a firefight, but I can rely on him to have by back when we're taking them out from a distance.
Cass with heavy armor and a shotgun and clam heart perks becomes the best tank in the game. Surprisingly better than Lily the Nightkin 18.104.22.168 11:24, November 2, 2010 (UTC)
I kinda wish Veronika scaled up properly like the other followers, she's a beast when you can get her into some power armor with a high-condition balistic fist...not that she wasn't already punching heads off everything with her base power fist. Saves me a fair chunk of ammo against guys that get too close, and she makes a great body guard against guys that just 'pop up' from behind (since i lost the floating alarm clock -.- stupid glitched eyebot) --22.214.171.124 00:02, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Errr... Veronica is a beast because she doesn't scale up properly - until later in the game when she is comparatively low. She is stuck at on level for the whole game.
lily has the most health of any follower and if u can supply her with ammo she is exactly like fawks but just give her a guas riffle that ammo is fairly easy to find or make.
unkillable[edit | edit source]
I swear i saw in several places that companions were essential in the normal game mode (non-hardcore). Anyone else see this? Frantruck 22:51, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, they are unkillable in casual mode. Ausir(talk) 22:53, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
- That's stupid. They weren't invulnerable in any of the previous games... Nitty Tok. 22:54, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Then don't play in the casual mode. Ausir(talk) 22:59, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Shouldn't that be put somewhere on the page then? Frantruck 23:22, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Where is this coming from? On PC I can blow Boone's brains out just fine in "casual" mode. I had to manually set him to essential to avoid this. Or am I missing something. Cb8673 19:19, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Seconded. Playing PS3 non-hardcore version, my companions have no problem getting ground into hamburger. What version are you guys who are saying your companions are invincible playing?126.96.36.199 23:32, October 23, 2010 (UTC)Meg
- Shouldn't that be put somewhere on the page then? Frantruck 23:22, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Then don't play in the casual mode. Ausir(talk) 22:59, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
- That's stupid. They weren't invulnerable in any of the previous games... Nitty Tok. 22:54, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
My companion, Craig Boone is essential too, I play on 360.--Roflguy227 03:17, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
Perhaps the problem is that it's not true to simply say "all companions are/are not killable." Are only SOME of them invincible?188.8.131.52 20:48, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
-This is interesting actually... I play on the 360 and I have noticed that on casual mode, NONE of the will companions die (while following me, they only become unconscious)... is this itself a bug only on the 360? Default159 22:35, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Companions are only killable in Hardcore. Any other difficulty, they become Essentials.184.108.40.206 11:25, November 2, 2010 (UTC)
For you people who are saying you can kill your followers in casual, if you use console commands or something like them it negates the whole "unkillable" thing
- If the companion isn't following you they can be killed in casual, if they are following you they are unkillable.
Yes, yes, yes! ALL CURRENT companions are unkillable/essential in casual mode, and if you can still kill them, then that's a glitch. Still, there IS one possible way of killing them in casual mode, simply do enough damage to them while they are knocked out/standing up, and it is possible to kill them. This is confirmed for PS3 and PC(unmodded of course). This was tested several times by me, juniorgloiden, and four other friends of mine on PS3 and PC with Fat Man, Pew Pew, Mercy and Avenger and all related perks at full, including Rapid Reload. It worked for Raul, Veronica and Craig Boone in their standard clothing.
Equiping armor?[edit | edit source]
Hi. How do you get companions to equip armor? Simply putting it in their inventory doesn't seem to work, unless I'm overlooking something. Thanks!
- They will only equip armor/clothing that has better stats than what they are currently wearing. Give them some decent armor and they do equip it.
nevermind Namad 19:21, October 24, 2010
my companions cant equip faction armor, when i try to give it to them it shows a message that they cant, is this a glitch or something? if it isnt they should at least carry it and not wear it
- Seriously? A glitch? It tells you RIGHT there, and you even say you saw the message. You cannot put armor from a different faction in a companion's inventory. What do you want to hear, that the message that clearly states this is really saying something completely different?
- Actually, I agree companions should be able to at least carry the armour if they refuse to wear it. It was a real pain making room for BoS power suits when Boone refused to "wear" them. Would it be that hard to give a separate command to equip an item, as opposed to store?
losing companions[edit | edit source]
I'm playing hardcore mode on the ps3, and have used Boone, Rex, and ED-E. each one of them have disapeared for me at some point, but still give me their perks. I end up having to load old saves. any advice? has this happened to anyone else?
- It happened to me when I entered the Hangar at Nellis Air Force base. Both companions lost all their AI, wouldn't appear inside buildings and would appear when fast travelling but even then all they'd do is stand there(on PS3 as well).Dr. Lobotomy 02:35, October 25, 2010 (UTC)
PC Version: I had initially lost Boone after telling him to wait for me at the 38...I waited for like a week in game for him to show up, checked Novac...wasn't there. I had originally dismissed him from Mojave Outpost. I found him clipping on a rock and fighting radscorpions like a mile north of it and reenlisted him. I hope this helps.
XBox 360: I had this happen to me. I had Boone and ED-E at the same time. Saved and quit the game. Came back to it later and found that both Boone and ED-E were gone. I still had their perks, though. During this period of "mysteriously missing followers", I had problems with Legion. They were still listed as Neutral, but attacked on sight. I believe that either ED-E or Boone must have automatic aggression with the Legion Faction and that, though not present, the fact that I still had their perks suggests that the game still "thought they were there." About a week (game time) later, I got two spontaneous messages notifying me that they were no longer in my party. Sure enough, the perks were gone, too. I believe this happened at an area-change load. I went back to town for ED-E and, sure enough, he was there. I re-enlisted him with no problem. I haven't checked on Boone. -- David Simpson 04:51, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
Companion lost (console/360)[edit | edit source]
Companions may sometimes disappear, while playing i lost Veronica Santangelo, but several quests later she reappeared for some reason mid-way through the quest "there stands the grass", i have recently lost the companion "ED-E" after completing the quest "guess who i saw today", ED-E has returned!!
I've lost "ED-E" as well, but just miraculously he showed up dead in the Command Tower of Mcarran. I still have his perk and he keeps respawning to every location I fast travel.
There is a glitch when dismissing companions, no dialog option is given to have them return to The Lucky 38. The companions instead return to the original location and can be recruited later. It is unknown what triggers this glitch and no solution has been found as of yet.
It seems that companions like to disappear the odd time, or wait for no reason, as I lost both companions while doing an arena battle in The Thorn, lost ED-E while doing Bleed me Dry and going to bittersprings cave, and nearly lost boonie when I was in Lucky 38, but went back and he was waiting there for some reason (didn't tell him to wait or dismiss him). But hopefully that vault 22 elevator trick will get ED-E back for me.220.127.116.11 16:01, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
I've lost "ED-E" as well. I dismissed him to the lucky 38 but he never showed. I waited and waited but he still hasn't arrived. I tried the Vault 22 elevator trick, but since he isn't technically in my party it didn't work. I went to Primm to check and see if he was there, but nothing either. Any suggestions would be very useful. Thanks
I've also lost ED-E, somewhere in the Wasteland, I have no idea where or why. He's still a "companion," I've got his perk and the Boomers mention "my robot problem." He's not at his home, & I haven't unlocked Lucky 38 yet. The Vault 22 elevator trick didn't work. This happened well after getting his quest upgrade from the Brotherhood. He was packing some important stuff for me, and I'm worried this will also prevent me from recruiting Rex. Since it's on the 360, I can't use the console commands. Kinda p!ss!ng me off, I've had similar problems with all other Bethesda games that "feature" companions, starting with Morrowind. This is the first time playing one on the 360, though, and these retarded bugs were fixable with hacks. I'll add a note here if he spontaneously shows up, or if I can recruit Rex, etc. DurtyWilly 04:10, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
I have tried sending both ED-E and Rex back to the Lucky 38 and in both cases they just vanished en route. They don't return to their starting locations and they aren't waiting where I dismissed them or anywhere in between. Rex was dismissed while standing directly in front of the Lucky 38, I watched him walk up to the door and disappear and he still managed to get lost. The only work around I have found for this is to manually walk them into the presidential suite and dismiss them there. It's a hassle but it's better than the hours I lost (twice) to yet another glitch. 18.104.22.168 06:42, November 14, 2010 (UTC)
I haven't seen ED-E for about 3 weeks real time now. Getting pretty annoying, he had some valuable stuff on him. He's still my companion, as I have his perk and people comment on him all the time. Vault 22 doesn't do anything. Its been so long I can't remember where I actually saw him last.--22.214.171.124 23:01, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
vandals[edit | edit source]
can sombody please fix the pictures on this page they got changed and also maybe an admin should lock immage editing for a while--Nick Brown 03:02, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
Firing followers.[edit | edit source]
Ok. I haven't gotten into new vegas so I can't tell them to wait at the lucky 38. If I want to get a new follower but I already have one with me. If I fire them will they be waiting where I found them? And if so, can I rehire them? --126.96.36.199 16:53, October 26, 2010 (UTC) Yes and Yes
Companions Armor and Weapon Equiping[edit | edit source]
Can anyone explain to me the stat or equation the companions use for equipping items? I'm currently using Boone and seem to have some odd results with his items. First I put the Ratslayer and some ammo in his inventory and he equipped it but that dosen't make sense because his original rifle is significantly more powerful; do they always equip weapons you give them over their own? Secondly I was equipping some armor on him and he had two choices NCR Mantle armor with 10 DT or NCR Patrol Armor in much worse condition and only 9 DT and he picked the Patrol Armor I cant figure out why? Do they have some stat we cant see like the followers in fallout 3?
Companions dont wear faction armor. They have to use neutral gear. Odds are, that NCR patrol armor ended up on the floor after you gave it to him/her/it. Only person that does wear faction armor is that sniper dude from that Dino-town. But his gear is unique and he gets it when you do his personal quest. Also, last I checked, Ratslayer was a weakass gun. 188.8.131.52 05:04, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
Actually...it seems that followers might actually wear some faction armors depending on who it is and what faction the armor disguises you as. I have Veronika running around in Brotherhood T-51 armor at the moment and I was quite surprised when she actually put it on after dropping it into her inventory (instead of on the floor). Sounds like Boone will wear NCR faction armors from what you're saying, I'll test him with various NCR armors and see what I get (hopefully he will wear the vet ranger stuff). - The Godchild --184.108.40.206 23:56, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
- On weapons, the main page suggests that companions choose weapons you give them based on DPS, not DAM. Of course, you have to provide them with the appropriate ammo too. Also, weapon mods appear to be disabled (at least graphically) when companions use them, and that can affect DPS. I also believe companions will not use special ammo (like armor-piercing) if they have normal ammo available, regardless of the target. I don't know that through personal testing, but it seems easy to test. I also heard that companions armed with multiple ranged weapons, if set to use them (instead of melee), will swap out weapons based on which has the best DPS at a given range. So, for example, a companion may use a rifle initially, but then switch to a shotgun if the target gets close enough. Unfortunately, companions told to use melee will not use a ranged weapon as they close on a target and then switch to melee when in range, they'll just run towards the target until they can hit them. This is unfortunate for companions like Veronica whose Tag Skills include Energy Weapons and Unarmed. On armors, companions will equip faction armor if they belong to that faction. So, Boone will wear NCR stuff and Veronica will wear BoS stuff. None of the other companions are associated with a faction. Just as with weapons, if companions care more about DPS than DAM, they may care more about DR than DT. If that's not a factor, their script may only check ideal DT, as opposed to current DT (which is based on how well repaired the armor is). That could explain the OP's situation with the two types of NCR armor. Servius 04:21, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
Healthpool scaling and out of combat regeneration[edit | edit source]
I've been noticing that companion health pools don't seem to be static - when originally recruiting Lily around lvl 13 or so, she had about 320-350hp listed on the companion wheel, and now that I just hit 20, she's just shy of 500hp, which seems to indicate that they at least partially scale with level. I'm not entirely sure if it's an automatic scaling to whatever level you are, or if they only get the health boost if they're present with you when you level though.
Also, I've only had ED-E and Lily as companions so far, and despite playing on hardcore, never really seemed to ever need to heal them after battle, even if they were knocked down to low health during a fight. But since finally getting enough speech to recruit Arcade, he seems to never recover any health between battles. I could assume that with Lily being a supermutant/nightkin, there's some sort of regeneration involved, or with ED-E being able to repair himself, but that's thoughts out of the blue, as I've not really played with Arcade or any other companions long enough, I don't know how they shape up in comparison. Maskedmustelid 05:19, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
Companions always in danger *GLITCH*[edit | edit source]
For some reason Boone and ED-E always look like they're in danger. Boone will take out his weapon and say things like Watch out! and Your mine! And ED-E will keep playing cowboy music. And its not just them! Sometimes when i go around people they run away in fear! PLZ HELP!!!--Lone Wolf21 17:22, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
Generally, it is a good idea to look around. I've sniped ghouls from half a mile away, and when they come towards me E-DE still makes sounds. Either that, or it's just because Bethesada was too lazy to clean out the bugs from the Fallout 3 engine.
Disappeared[edit | edit source]
My companions just up and disappeared. I have the perks they give me, but they are nowhere to be found. I just gave up looking for them after a while and kept on playing, I figure the real reason I had them was for their perks anyway...
But I do want them back now, they are good mules. Anyway, if there is a console command to bring them to me or something that would be awesome. Any help is appreciated it thanks. :)
Easy enough with the console! First use "prid xxxxxxxx" - using the ref ID for whatever companion in question, listed on their wiki pages, which will show up at the top of the screen in quotation marks. Then follow up by "moveto player" and they'll appear right on top of you, regardless of where you left them. Maskedmustelid 12:37, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Regarding the above comment: what happens when you use the prid <refid> function and "moveto player" but your companion still doesn't show up? Any ideas? My friend and I have tried EVERYTHING and ED-E just won't show up. We've disabled it and enabled it, used "moveto player" and "player moveto <refid>", but ED-E's just completely missing. (The "player moveto <refid>" thing took my friend to the New Vegas strip, but ED-E was nowhere to be seen.) (Anonymous user - AislinCade)
More Than 2 Companions[edit | edit source]
I'm not 100% sure how I managed to do this but I currently have 3 Companions, Raul, Arcade, and ED-E. Before i rescued Raul I had Lily. It may have something to do with the way I recruited them:
- After that I went and completed the quest Guess Who I Saw Today and told Dr. Henry at Jacobstown that I thought Lily should continue to wear the MK II Stealth Boy.
- After Lily had return to her Big horners I went and asked her if she wanted to travel with me, she agreed, which suprised me because at a previous time when I had Craig Boone and Rex she refused saying "Three was a crowd".
- I then went to Black Mountain and freed Raul Tejada, the first time i asked him he said no because I had three companions, but after dismissing Lily he promptly agreed.
> This was done on an Xbox 360 not a computer so no console commands were involved. Also no modding was used.
> Once I have gained the support of the Enclave for the Second Battle of Hoover Dam I plan to send Arcade back to the Old Mormon Fort and recruit Craig Boone in Novac.
November 1, 2010
+-=-=-=-=-=-+ Follow-Up +-=-=-=-=-=-+
As an aside to this, I (a different user) has had Boone, Arcade and ED-E all at the same time. It was on a hardcore play through and the order that I recruited them was:
>I thought it may have had something to do with ED-E being [SPOILER] enclave technology and Arcade being who he is, interested in the future of an EyeBot. I have scoured the internet and it seems that only Pisterator and I have commented on this bug/secret.
>Any feedback on this would be awesome, I'll be watching.
November 8, 2010
I did what you have told (about Lily). She refused in the end, so, you must have done something different (I'm on a ps3, though).
- That you are on a PS3 may have something to do with it but I cant be 100% sure.
For some reason, when I'm in the Lucky 38, dismiss a follower to the suite, then recruit another back while I'm there, they'll say the party is full, and the game will notify me that "you may only have one companion at a time." But you're able to to have two. Anyone else have this problem? - TheGrimHero
Kinda sounds like you're dismissing Rex or ED-E and trying to recruit another humanoid companion, given that you can only have one humanoid and one non humanoid with you at a time. Maskedmustelid 16:09, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
That makes sense now. Thanks, Masked. - TGH
November 29, 2010
Pc user here. I currently have 3 companions. Raul, ED-E and Arcade Gannon. My first companions were Rex and Veronica. I did all the related quests to them. And I went to Arcade and found out that you "can only have" 2 companions at a time. And also, I was heavily allied with the Legion. Later on, I changed my side to NCR (This could have something to do with it) and dismissed all of my companions. I had "good" relations with Followers of the Apocalypse.
- Repaired ED-E in Primm
- Then got Raul as companion (And did the quest for him, now he wears Vaquero outfit)
- Talked to Arcade Gannon and he had no problems with the situtation, accepted companionship
No console commands or mods were used. This is just one cozy bug to tamper with.
December 1, 2010
- Spongge 13:05, December 1, 2010 (U ______________________
I have had 4 companions at a time Arcade EDE Boone Lily i have xbox360 no mods 1 recruited Boone 2 reparied EDE did his quest line and upgraded him at the BOS bunker 3then went to old mormon fort and talked to arcade using low intellegence :p 4 then went and did guess what i saw today and talked to Lily and she DID say the whole 3 is a crowd thing but ended up following ???????????Glitch maybe idk???????????? i CAN talk to her and have her hold my stuff but i cant get rid of her and shes getting annoying im starting to think about going into hardcore and murdering her please help (if possible)
it prob that you already had tree and then asked her to come along "fallout-killa"
Can angered campanions come back?[edit | edit source]
So I was in New Vegas and Cass was mad that I worked for Caesar's Legion and left. When I talked to her she wouldn't come back. Can she come back?
check your karma kido Cass would join if u got good or very good karma
Yeah I sided with Caesar"s Legion and everything I did got me bad karma
- Well, yeah. They're bad guys.
companions do not recycle ammo casing[edit | edit source]
I've had Boone, Raul, Cass shoot off over 10k rounds of various rounds of ammo. not a single case was recovered into their inventory. surly this is a bug?
Put it Back![edit | edit source]
The weapon codes for new vegas followers were listed in the bugs section because of the casino stripping glitch... Whoever thought it wise to remove this section please put it back, or otherwise list ED-E's weapon codes somewhere otherwise people get stuck with a floating garbage can
Looking back at previous edits, you had to target the companion in the console and use the additem command on them, rather than giving it to yourself as they're apparently untradeable. Cass's caravan shotgun was listed as (00176E55) Ed-E's electrical zap as (00166B94), if that's any help. Haven't had this happen to me yet, so can't confirm that it works properly or whatnot. Maskedmustelid 07:57, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
Clepto followers - Lucky 38[edit | edit source]
This is confirmation on the speculation that followers will take items from containers, when you send/dismiss followers to the Lucky 38, they will go and raid all your GOOD items stored there. Not once, but twice I watched them pluck rare Nuka-colas from where I had them placed (for visual appeal in the room), plus I just noticed the couple of nuka-quartz I had stored in my Sunset machine where missing...and the previous nuka's I'd watched them take were gone from their inventories (nor were they placed in other containers). Its getting to the point that I'm considering relocating all my stored loot to another safe house (since I'm storing ALOT of consumables and I can't keep track of what's going missing if they're actually using them -.-) to avoid these displeasing clepto habits they seem to have...shutting doors to the rooms does nothing since they wander around and open them freely. They don't seem interested in the plethora of weapons I have placed around the master bedroom for whatever reason though...which I find odd since the follower AI is rigged to grab weapons better then their own even if there's no ammo (Veronika seems to like anything that isn't nailed down, I found about 50% of all the loose items from the suite in her inventory). For the time being, I'm sending all followers to their starting locations so they leave my shit alone - The Godchild --220.127.116.11 10:09, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
Annoyed Update: Seriously, the follower AI is geared towards stealing your items, I dropped a nuka quartz in my Sunset machine, then about 2 minutes later (after checking all other containers to make sure they hadn't moved stuff around) I threw both Cass and Veronika out of the Lucky 38 to avoid any further thieft issues. I went to check my Sunset machine for something...and the damn nuka quartz I'd just put in there was gone already. I was already thinking that followers were counter-productive most times (since I'm playing a sneak/snipe type character atm), but now I want nothing to do with them if they're going to rob me blind when I'm not around to monitor them. So far I've lost at least 4-6 rare nuka-colas, and god only knows what else they've been taking.
I did something posted up: I let all my rare nuka colas at the cocktail lounge. When I was there, I noticed some empty bottles, and some whisky, vodka, etc. also, all the seats are empty, and it just doesn't look well. So, I'm thinking putting the lucky 38 back in business, so I'll need people, and by people, I mean teddy bears sitting, talking, drinking, etc. or whatever teddy bears do when you are not around... crap, I love teddy bears :S
I use ED-E as a floating storage area. He carries all my nuka cola, chems, doctor bags, food, water, etc. That should solve your problem. -Howie
Rhonda, a Mr. Handy Bot looking for Tabitha.[edit | edit source]
PUT BACK THE ORIGINAL TEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Companion inventory limit not showing.[edit | edit source]
I can open my companions inventory but nowhere do I see weight limit or current weight taken. I haven't given them much, mostly looted stuff I plan to sell. --18.104.22.168 20:25, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
On the companion wheel, highlight the option to open their inventory but don't go into it, and you'll see their current weight/limit. Maskedmustelid 09:38, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
Do any of them smoke???[edit | edit source]
Do any of the companions smoke if you give them a pack of cigs like Jericho did if fallout 3?
- 11-10-10 sixtyten
Remove certain names[edit | edit source]
Companion refers to people in the game that follow the player, not people in the game that are essential to quests and require you to follow them. Neil is not a companion as he does not follow nor fight along side you and cannot be given items and can also be killed at any time. Sunny isn't a companion either, but serves as a guide during a quest.
Will not return to lucky 38[edit | edit source]
I no longer have the option to have them return to the lucky 38...Any suggestions?22.214.171.124 21:11, November 20, 2010 (UTC)Anon
I'm having this problem too. I want to be able to send all my people to the Lucky 38, but I don't get the option to anymore. I had Boone and Rex in my party for a VERY long time, without switching them out. Then I killed Ceasar and Mr. House. I then played the Dead Money DLC and it returned them both to their respective starting locations (as it does whenever you start the DLC). I didn't think much of it at the time, but now I can't send any companions to the Lucky 38. I don't know if it is because I killed Mr. House, killed Ceasar, or played the DLC. So now, I have to travel to their various starting locations to re-recruit them. I suppose I'm just being lazy, but I'd like to have them all in one place to I can recruit them easier. Also, any companions that were already in the Lucky 38 stayed there, but if I re-recruit them, then dismiss them, they go back to their original start too.
Missing Follower (PS3)[edit | edit source]
I need help. I dismissed Lily at 188 trading post to recruit Veronica and asked Lily to wait for me in Lucky 38 but then she went missing . Waited for days and still not there. I tried to estimate the possible ruete that Lily would use but still no LUCK! I need Lily back !!! Help is very appreciated.
Never mind,after weeks she returned. --Help2099 04:27, December 1, 2010 (UTC)Help2099
Cottonwood cove barge[edit | edit source]
lvl 30, want to kill everything at the fort, how do i get the barge to move? is it mission related or is it yet another glitch? if it does move without a mission prerequisite, where do i click on the damn thing? oh another reason bethesda needs to fix this damn game, all my lock-picking screens have an unpowered computer screen blocking the view of the lock.... fricken vunderbah! ON EVERY LOCK NOW. can still unlock stuff, just doing it by sound and xbox controller vibration.
You may need to have been asked by a Legion guy (forget his name) after finishing part of the main quest (where you find Benny in The Tops) to travel to the fort before you can go, i'm not sure. Otherwise, you just step on the raft and press 'Travel to the Fort'. And that terminal screen thing happened to me too (except with rifle scopes, rage). I just reset the console and it was fine.--126.96.36.199 10:19, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Once you complete Ring-a-Ding-Ding and exit The Tops you will be approached by Vulpes Inculta. If he's dead, Alerio will approach you instead. Whichever Frumentarius approaches you, he will inform you that your crimes against the Legion will be forgiven - Alerio will specifically mention the death of Vulpes Inculta. Your infamy will be removed and you will be given the Mark of Caesar. You can then travel to Cottonwood Cove and speak with Cursor Lucullus to get a ride to the Fort, or kill him and take the raft yourself. --Kris 11:18, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
How do companions level up?[edit | edit source]
Do they: A. Level up each time I level up? Or B: They level up when they have gathered enough xp on their own?
Missing Companions[edit | edit source]
I am having some difficulty trying to find my companions. I have recruited all of them, and had sent all of them back to stay at the Lucky 38, except for Boone who is in Novac and I no longer bother with and Arcade Gannon whose quest line I finished. However, upon arrival at the Lucky 38, I could only find Cass in the suite. I presume that they died on the way. I had sent all of the companions back before the patch came out. If it is relevant, I play on 360. I have also checked various places like the King's School of Impersonation and 188 Trading Post for Rex and Veronica and they are not there.
EDIT: Something weird happened. Veronica returned to 188 Trading Post and, as a test, I sent her to the 38. She arrived there normally. I also forgot to mention that I did leave Lily in Jacobstown and had not sent here to the 38. When I did send her she arrived normally. Is this just a bug that happens with sending companions to the 38 and THEN downloading the patch?
--Guinnessnick 01:44, December 17, 2010 (UTC).
I you talk to boone and make him kill someone outside the Dino-Dee Luxe,come and talk to him after it and then pickpocket him and place a grenade in his pocket,then you will see "Magicial Comapanion Ammo" --188.8.131.52 19:07, December 17, 2010 (UTC)
Waiting time[edit | edit source]
I have the following question: If i would tell one of my companions, let's say Boone, to wait somewhere where it's safe, for example inside the abandoned bunker near the Yangtze Memorial, exactly how long will he wait there until he returns to Novac? And the waiting time of the other companions would be useful as well.-----Seqeu0 21:06, December 18, 2010 (UTC)
Companions die from poison when stimpak is used on them[edit | edit source]
This just happened to me on the PC. Used a stimpak on Boone and Rex when they were poisoned and they both instantly died. I added the PC icon to that bug.
Companions on the Map[edit | edit source]
I'm not sure if this was included in the latest patch or what, but current companions show up on my map in my pip-boy now. It has a little blinking arrow with their names under it, which will be great for finding lost companions. This might be worth including on the overall page. Jazzlizard 16:28, December 24, 2010 (UTC)
- I think this update was included with Dead Money, also, when you end traveling with any companion, they immediately teleport back to their home/Lucky 38. Jazzlizard 01:16, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
Wears it anyways?[edit | edit source]
I gave Boone 6 Legion Faction armor sets, he proceeded to drop one, and wear the one in best condition. Can anyone else confirm doing this? Does it work with any other companions? I am in the middle of testing this, if anyone else wants to help, feel free. Troy242621 03:08, December 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, the same happened with Brotherhood of Steel T-51b armor. I put two sets of them in his inventory, he dropped one and weared the other one. --Schredas 15:31, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
Experience[edit | edit source]
Shouldn't it be noted on the page that, unlike Companions in Fallout 3, these companions give the player experience regardless of if the player fights the enemy? It happened for me just now, I never even saw the enemy or got to shoot at them and yet got the experience for the kill. --Alpha Lycos 13:15, December 26, 2010 (UTC)
- All New Vegas companions give the player XP when fighting/killing enemies, you could stand back and let them do the whole thing and you'd still get experience. I've had Boone as a companion before while he's using the anti-materiel rifle, he'll be killing people before I even get a shot off, and I get the XP as if I'd done it. Jazzlizard 14:26, January 3, 2011 (UTC)
- But they don't give you credit for challenges do they? So if Veronica kills something with a gun, that doesn't count towards Shoot Them Up Again. Is that right? Snooldex 01:46, January 31, 2011 (UTC)
Help with lost companions[edit | edit source]
i have E-DE and boone and i was in the lucky 38 casino, and left them downstairs since they cannot come into the penthouse. when i came back to the casino floor the map said they were near the north vegas square. i wen there and could not find them anywhere. i have tried nearby buildings and the sewers underneath and most tips i have found for returning them. any help?
don't worry, i found them. the companion markers on the map were way off, i went a got some mantis eggs for red lucy and they were in the thorn. i dont know why they're here even though i was with them at the lucky 38.
ED-E Missing in Patch 1.2[edit | edit source]
With 1.2 installed ED-E went missing and is no longer visible on the map. Waiting for several weeks, the vault 22 elevator, and manual searches of recently visited areas all failed to find him. He does not return to the Lucky 38 or Primm. I do still have his Perk, but all other traces of him seem to have been removed from the game.
The vanishing act took place mid-play, with the last place I know he was with me being the RobCo building (during the BoS questline). I noticed he was missing several quick travels later, upon arrival at the NCR Correctional Facility. Stops between those locations included Hidden Valley (went inside and walked near Black Mountain) and Nellis Air Force Base (first visit, with bombardment). --184.108.40.206 10:39, January 5, 2011 (UTC)
I had the same thing happen after patch 1.2 and in the same Spot (Nellis AFB). I was running along the far left side, avoiding the barrage, Ed E and Veronica both got knocked unconcious during the run. I made it to the Nellis AFB gate, did the dialogue and entered, then Veronica appeared with me just fine but no ED-E. Went back after talking to Pearl and getting the guns shot down, no ED-E where I ran. Not at Primm, Lucky 38, or my safehouse in Novac either. Enhanced Sensors Perk still appears in my Pip Boy and NPC's still address him as if he was there. I tried the wait 72-96 hours trick and Vault 22, no luck. This is pissing me off as I am in the middle of the Kings' quest lines and cant take care of or recruit Rex.
Both ED-E and Boone have gone missing in my game, presumably after they may have been knocked unconscious. ED-E followed me through Caesar's camp after I freed Benny and the whole Legion started attacking us, but instead of a popup notifying me ED-E had been knocked unconscious, I simply looked up and he was no longer there. The ED-E marker on my map has vanished too. Boone had followed me when trying to enter the Boomer's camp, and again, no popup notice of him being unconscious: just no more Boone at all.
NPCs still react as though I have both as active companions, and the perks for each are still active. Reverting to a previous save does not fix the problem, instead Boone and ED-E disappear from that save too! I'm not playing on Hardcore mode, and I've tried all the fixes I can find. This is my sixth playthrough and the first I've had this kind of error before. I really miss my Boone! (Ava Elzbieta 21:09, April 15, 2011 (UTC))
Boone is Missing[edit | edit source]
A while ago I had sent Boone to the lucky 38, and I came back to get him but can't find him. I already checked Novac day and night and he's not there. Also all my other companions are at Lucky 38.
I sent Boone to novac once and i checked every part of novac and waited for a week and he still didn't show up
For auld lange syne still bugged?[edit | edit source]
After downloading the patch, i went to go recruit Arcade again for the quest, but when ever i chose the "You want to come with me" option, he would keep repeating "Im sorry, you have too many people" although i had fired my previous humanoid companion. Will this be fixed? 220.127.116.11 01:58, January 13, 2011 (UTC)
Is there any way possible to have Boone and Cass?[edit | edit source]
I am on Xbox 360 so I cant use mods and that kind of thing. Thanks
Unfortunantly not on the 360
Raul is missing
I picked up Raul as a follower and then dismissed him while I was still in his shack. He promptly disappeared from the shack and still hasn't returned to his shack after many days and at least 5 levels later. Does he go somewhere other than his shack when you dismiss him, or did my game glitch? Wolf-usar 23:08, January 23, 2011 (UTC)
i was in the repconn hq and i gave the q35 matter modgulator to arcade and a bit after i told him to go to the lucky 38 and he has not returned to there or the old morman fort. all i want is the q35 plzz help
Free ammo for followers[edit | edit source]
Companions get free ammo for their default weapons, right? So Veronica for example, has a 10mm pistol. She can blat away with that all day, and I wouldn't have to give her a single bullet for it. What happens if I give her another 10mm weapon, like a 10mm SMG for example? Will she get free ammo for that too, since she already has free 10mm ammo? Boone has a .308 hunting rifle. Can I give him a .308 sniper rifle and have him shooting for free? Snooldex 12:14, January 27, 2011 (UTC)
- This doesn't work, I think. I gave Veronica a 10mm SMG and no ammo. I could see the 10mm pistol on her hip. So I gave her 11 rounds of 10mm, then the weapon on her hip changed to 10mm SMG. We went to a firefight with some fiends. She blatted off the 11 rounds, then said "Got any ammo?", and started shooting the 10mm pistol again. So I gave her back her laser rifle and incinerator. Snooldex 12:45, January 27, 2011 (UTC)
can't recurit arcade[edit | edit source]
hi i have now four companions recruited those are boone, ed-e, cass and arcade but i sent arcade back to the lucky 38 and then recruited cass but when i sent cass to the lucky 38 and tried to recruit arcade again it wasn't giving me the option to have he come with me :S can anyone help?
I Put a Spell on you bug[edit | edit source]
After defusing the bomb on the monorail on the NCR quest "I Put a Spell on You" I attempted to talk to Col. Hsu and the dialogue option to complete the quest did not come up. I do not have any prior saves to this, so I cannot go back. Is there anything I can do?
recuirt all human recuirt (expect boone and ede[edit | edit source]
I found a video about recuirt all human recuirt (expect boone) and ede.But i can't understand it .Can any one study the video and write a walkthrough? His user page http://www.youtube.com/user/Nesiti7x#p/a/u/1/HKtahEEL8eQ (Vvardenfell 02:52, May 7, 2011 (UTC))
Actaully you can recruit them all, including Boone. The player mst choose between ED-E and Rex, however. —Castor Savage—18.104.22.168 20:18, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
Returning to the Lucky 38[edit | edit source]
Are you able to dismiss all followers to the L38? In my experience only Boone and ED-E got to the 38.
Yeah just keep House alive(for now) and you can send all companions there. as long as he lives. I killed him for my lord Caesar and now all my companions return to their homes, which really sucks... --Xa3 02:33, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
All- er.. MOST Companions Recruited[edit | edit source]
I was able to get EVERY humanoid companion plus ED-E using the glitch. Rex, unfortunately got the short end of the deal and is currently relaxing at my lucky 38 suite. Point is, I've got ALL THEIR PERKS. Boone's spotting, ED-E's sensors, Cass's hypo-alchoholism, Arcade's stim-pump-tasticness, Raul's ability to somehow manage my weapons while im using them, and Veronica's... well... eh.. she's my lesbian bitch.22.214.171.124 02:01, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
Missing entry for Arcade in the Companions section[edit | edit source]
The article says that 8 permanent companions are available. They all have a few words about them, save for Arcade. Just thought I'd mention it.
Companion health reads 0/0 (PS3)[edit | edit source]
I'm playing the PS3 version. It seems that one of my followers, Cass, has glitched health. It reads that her health is 0/0. Has anyone encountered this problem before?
Companions inventory weight problem.[edit | edit source]
Ive notice that after I remove all from Boon's inventory - game shows me that Boon carry 56 weight. I load older save game and it shows 16 weight.
Looks like Boon have some additional items that didn't showed in inventory.
Is there any way to see all Boons inventory items (may be console command or some Save editor)? I just want to understand this problem and remove all "hidden" items (except Boons rifle and default armor).
As far as I know there's no way to actually check the hidden items in your companion's inventory. If I understand it correctly the problem occurs as a result of duplicate companion weapons or armor being stored in their inventory. This is mostly likely the result from going into locations where your weapons are confiscated and then returned resulting in your companion gaining a second of their main weapons, and as far as I understand it this is the most likely reason for the "phantom" weight being present on the characters.
But rejoice, cautiously, I do have something of a fix for it, however I am not certain if its the best method and it could have potentially annoying issues for some companions. Its also best to do this while the companion you do this to is following you since you'll be able to confirm if there was any problems and just reload to a previous save THAT you should of made before trying this.
Possible Phantom Companion Weight Fix
- 1. Take any and all items out of your companion's inventory.
- 2. Open the console and target the companion.
- 3. Type "resetinventory" and press enter.
Your companions inventory will be reset. So the companion loses all the items they have, including the "phantom" weight and regains their default weapons and armor. Much like they were at the beginning of the game.
This is where the problem may start. If you do this to a companions such as ED-E, Raul, or Boone there could be issues since, via their companion quests they gain new items. If their inventory's were reset I really don't know what would happen. So far I have tested a little on ED-E after I have had The Followers upgrade his weapon and it didn't cause any issues, he still had the upgraded version so there's hope for this yet. But one issue I did have was, since I have a mod installed that uses something like a quest script for Veronica to replace her default armor with a more Brotherhood Scribe like robe, after resetting her inventory this was not regained (its probably an injection/replace script on start-up, saving and reloading would likely have fixed this...I may test it later). So if your using custom modded armor or weapons for your companions be warned, the character may not regain them afterwards.
Also on the GECK wiki page for the description of the ResetInventory command it says "Resets inventory on the references it's called on. All previously added, removed, or calculated objects will be lost.". If I understand this correctly then, all items are removed and they regain their default items. So if the items that they gained actually replaced their old default items (become the characters new defaults) then they should regain the new items on an inventory reset. Still seems a bit flaky here but I'll run with it...
Would be good if someone could test this more definitively. And if it works without issue slap the fix on the main page. (Otherwise I'll "eventually" get around to it)
Anyway I hope this at least helps someone. --Unknown Exile 12:10, October 28, 2011 (UTC) __________________
Ok I did manage to test on Boone after I had completed his quest and the "ResetInventory" command did completely remove the armor that he received from the quest, but the extra carry capacity seems to remain (still not sure about this???). While for a character like Boone who you might have using other armor won't be a big problem, however for a character like Raul its going to be an issue. I haven't tested this on him yet but if he loses his Mexican Cowboy armor it might be an issue (more an annoyance I suppose), especially if you like using him as a companion and you like the the look of it. Regardless he won't lose his perk so its probably still fine. I'll check Raul but I'm pretty certain based on these results that he will lose his unique quest armor. --Unknown Exile 04:27, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
What is going on?!!?[edit | edit source]
My companions act like they are fighting when there are no enemies around and it effects all NPCs around them! WHAT DO I DO!? They won't go back to normal!! 126.96.36.199 02:35, September 12, 2011 (UTC)