You know, if you knew what you were doing I coulda been out of there hours ago.”
Ted Gunderson is the surly, ungrateful, and inconsiderate son of notorious brahmin baron Heck Gunderson. He can be found in the kitchens of the Ultra-Luxe casino, in 2281.
Background[edit | edit source]
While accompanying his father to the Ultra-Luxe, Ted Gunderson was mistakenly kidnapped by the faction of the White Glove Society loyal to Mortimer, who intended to serve him at a special dinner designed to convert the rest of the society to cannibalism. When Ted's identity is discovered, however, Mortimer voices his new unwillingness to serve Ted, and requests that the player find a new "main course" as part of Beyond the Beef. Mortimer also gives the player the option of killing Ted, and framing his father for the murder.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a temporary party member.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Beyond the Beef: The White Glove Society intends to serve Ted as the main course at a special dinner.
- Pheeble Will: Walter Phebus wants Heck Gunderson to suffer. Killing Ted should work.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Dirty pre-War parkstroller outfit|
Cattleman cowboy hat
Drops on death
|Ted Gunderson's blood|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is no karmic penalty for murdering Ted Gunderson.
- Strangely if you use your Cannibal perk to devour him, the White Glove Society won't notice, since Mortimer's intention was to do the same.
- If you rescue him, but kill his father on your return to the casinos entrance, Ted will follow you until he dies acting like a third companion. You have no control over his actions however.
- If you try to enter through The Strip North Gate with Ted as a companion, the guards will kill Ted because he doesn't have a passport. If you are quick enough it is possible to enter The Strip before the guards can kill Ted.
- Ted is completely unable to sneak, which can make it difficult to get the ending of Beyond the Beef where Ted is saved.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "[Your dad's powerful. Someone wants him to feud with the White Glove Society.] [SUCCEEDED] My daddy's got a lot of enemies. It don't make no sense that the White Pants Society would kidnap me. He's here to do business with them. Well, you got a point. But if you don't know who it is, my daddy's gonna be awful mad he ain't got anyone to shoot over this. All right. Let's get out of here."
- "[Er... probably just some mixed up people who are really sorry.] [FAILED] Who gives a rat's patoot if they're sorry? Sorry's what they'll be when they're strung up and lynched by my daddy's posse. These White Knuckles got hell to pay, I'll see to that when I get outta here."
- "[Calm down. I've come to get you out of here.] My daddy sent you? Goddamn it, I almost died in here! What the hell took you so long? It's just one damn hotel. Who did this to me, anyway? They hit me over the head before I got a look at 'em."
- "[Some members of the White Glove Society. They were going to eat you.] What in the sam hell? Eat me? What kind of sick bastards would eat a person? I'll tell you what. Soon as I'm out of here and my daddy knows the story, you can bet there ain't gonna be no White Hat Society no more."
- "[The White Glove Society isn't to blame. Just Mortimer and a few others.] To hell with that. You've seen those freaks. They dress the same, talk the same. You can bet they all eat the same, too. They deserve what my daddy's gonna have coming for them."
- "Quit your hollering. I'm fine."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Ted Gunderson appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.