The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault
by filling it in
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault
by filling it in
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault
Ted Gunderson is the surly, ungrateful, and inconsiderate son of notorious brahmin baron Heck Gunderson. He can be found in the kitchens of the Ultra-Luxe casino, in 2281.
While accompanying his father to the Ultra-Luxe, Ted Gunderson was mistakenly kidnapped by the faction of the White Glove Society loyal to Mortimer, who intended to serve him at a special dinner designed to convert the rest of the society to cannibalism. When Ted's identity is discovered, however, Mortimer voices his new unwillingness to serve Ted, and requests that the player find a new "main course" as part of Beyond the Beef. Mortimer also gives the player the option of killing Ted, and framing his father for the murder.
 Interactions with the player character
 Interactions overview
- There is no karmic penalty for murdering Ted Gunderson.
- Strangely if you use your Cannibal perk to devour him, the White Glove Society won't notice, since Mortimer's intention was to do the same.
- If you rescue him, but kill his father on your return to the casinos entrance, Ted will follow you until he dies acting like a third companion. You have no control over his actions however.
- If you try to enter through The Strip North Gate with Ted as a companion, the guards will kill Ted because he doesn't have a passport. If you are quick enough it is possible to enter The Strip before the guards can kill Ted.
- Ted is completely unable to sneak, which can make it difficult to get the ending of Beyond the Beef where Ted is saved.
Ted Gunderson appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.