Tenpenny Tower suite
Fallout 3 locations project
Tenpenny Tower suite
Tenpenny Suite View
The Tenpenny Tower suite is located in Tenpenny Tower.
It is also possible to access the suite by exiting to the outside balcony and entering through the door on the outside. However, the player will only be able to exit through the same external door.
Layout[edit | edit source]
It's a comfortable square sized room with a kingsize bed to the left from the entrance, to the right a large bookcase shelf. Also a place to store your bobbleheads and a balcony with a very good view to the north.
Amenities[edit | edit source]
The suite has its own Mister Handy unit named Godfrey that is able to tell jokes, dispense purified water, and change your hairstyle. The suite has a wardrobe, a safe, a desk and a footlocker to store items in. It also has a bobblehead stand where you can store all of the bobbleheads you have found. If you choose the Vault theme, you also get an additional storage locker.
You can also access the Tenpenny Tower balcony from the suite. It can be used to fast travel to other locations.
Sleeping in the bed grants the player the "Well Rested" effect (+10% xp) for 12 hours.
Home improvements[edit | edit source]
You can enhance your suite with a variety of improvements which you can buy from either Lydia Montenegro or Michael Masters (depending on the outcome of the Tenpenny Tower quest) in the Tenpenny Tower lobby shop. If you kill either Lydia or Michael (or both of them), you will not be able to upgrade your suite.
All of the room's accessories can be obtained for free simply by purchasing them all and then killing the vendor. The Caps that you paid for the items will be in the vendor's inventory, along with other things that would normally be in their inventory.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Tenpenny Tower suite only appears in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Roy Phillips take over Tenpenny Tower may cause your suite to be permanently inaccessible despite killing all human residents and waiting over forty-eight hours outside. (You might be able to access it through exiting Tenpenny's Balcony and going around) You may access it by using the console command Activate. Agreeing to help
- There is a bug that for an unknown reason causes the game to freeze in the loading screen when you enter the suite. There are no known fixes other than loading up an old save.
- If you wait for a very long time before reaching Tenpenny Tower (until level 10 in the editor's case), Burke may not be present at the Tower and therefore you may be unable to get the key to the suite. You will still be able to blow up Megaton by activating the detonator.
- If you have all of the theme holotape items in your inventory (e.g. by grabbing them from the Testqaitems room) it will cause all the themes to be applied to your room at once. This causes multiple objects to be placed inside of each other. Usually, you will only be able to have one at a time but this causes all themes to be applied.
- If Dogmeat is told to wait in the suite for several days, he may become unresponsive. On the PS3 and Xbox versions this can be fixed with Broken Steel, as the Puppies! perk allows the player to kill the unresponsive Dogmeat and get a new one with more health. Alternatively, one can reload an earlier save. On the PC version one can open the console and select Dogmeat by clicking on him (or typing
prid 6a775) and then typing the following commands on separate lines in sequential order:
kill, resurrect, disable, enable, resetquest 943ed. This causes the game to think you have never talked to Dogmeat before, allowing you to recruit him again.
- After completing the Tenpenny Tower quest in the favor of helping Roy Phillips take over the tower, if you leave after all the residents are killed on all three floors and do not talk to him beforehand, when you return later the dialog option to obtain a suite in the tower is missing.
- Even with the latest patch, it may be possible to access the suite even if the player has completed The Power of the Atom by disarming the bomb, even though the player has not been officially rewarded the suite. While the front door will be locked, the back door leading out to the balcony at the top may be unlocked, and the apartment functions as if the player has unlocked it; Godfrey will even greet the player like normal. The only way in and out of the suite is through the back door leading out to the balcony.