Things That Go Boom
From The Vault - Fallout Wiki
Things That Go Boom
"Do Not Enter! Any Military May Kill You!" Thanks, Ambassador...
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Speak with Ambassador Dennis Crocker at the NCR Embassy on the New Vegas Strip.
- Travel to Nellis Air Force Base and ask Pearl how you can help the Boomers.
- Become idolized by the Boomers. This can be done by completing the quest Volare!
- Ask Pearl for the Boomers help in the upcoming battle.
- Return to Crocker at the embassy and report that the Boomers have pledged their support.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
|1||Ambassador Crocker has told me about the Boomer quest. I haven't accepted yet.|
|2||Convince the Boomers to aid you in the upcoming battle.|
|3||Return to Ambassador Crocker and let him know of the results of meeting with the Boomers.|
|4||Return to Ambassador Crocker and let him know the Boomers will help you.|
|5||I've told Ambassador Crocker that the Boomers will not help.|
|6||Ambassador Crocker found out that I've already pledged the Boomer's support and is disappointed.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This quest disregards the reputation one has with the New California Republic; even if one is Vilified with them, they are still are allowed entrance to the embassy and to speak with Crocker. Upon completion, ones reputation is set to "Neutral".
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- This quest may sometimes be unable to be completed if the player is already idolized by the Boomers. The ambassador cannot be found afterward if they say "Actually, I already know them. We're good friends." and not follow up with "They have promised to help me." and the quest will be marked as incomplete/failed. This problem can be solved if players go back to them Boomers and speak with Pearl to ask her if they will help in upcoming battle at Hoover Dam.
- Sometimes, upon receiving this quest from Crocker, an NCR MP Officer will approach the player and say "This is what happens when you cross the NCR," and attack the player regardless of their NCR reputation. This can simply be fixed by reloading to the auto save of when they first entered the embassy. The trick is to get outside after getting the quest before he can approach you.
- The NCR reputation may reset to accepted (even it was at idolized by the NCR before quest starts).