|For an overview of throwing knives in the various Fallout games, see throwing knife.|
|crit dmg||15||crit % mult||x2|
|effect||Bonus critical damage|
Bonus critical chance
The throwing knife is a weapon in Fallout: New Vegas.
The silent and cunning weapon of choice for assassins. They are small, light weight blades that make for quick and quiet kills. They are about seven inches in length and made of a light weight metal alloy wrapped in a red cloth grip.
Since they lack the damage of hatchets and spears, it's recommended to use these with any poison. Throwing knives count as a holdout weapon and can concealed regardless of Sneak skill.
- Throwing hatchets, spears, and knives are more effective when coated with poisons.
- Throwing hatchets, spears, and knives can not be picked up and re-used once thrown.
- For unknown reasons, the throwing knife is exceedingly rare, though possibly a bug.
- When you take off a limb with a throwing knife, a semi-glowing version appears afterwards that is not able to be picked up called 'projectile throwing knife', and when shot, it explodes.
- Sometimes the throwing knife may explode for unknown reasons when hitting a dead enemy's leg.