Vault 75 is a Vault-Tec Corporation Vault located the ruins of Malden.
The Vault was built targeting human genome improvement through a combination of selective breeding, hormonal treatments, genetic modification, and an accelerated generational cycle. These enhancements were part of a top-secret military program, employing a prior military officer as overseer. Researchers and science staff were isolated from test subjects (the capacity of the Vault was 88 dwellers), who were disposed of at 18 years of age unless used to replenish research staff or for breeding the next generation of Vault-dwellers. With a specialized combat training area, the prime bred dwellers were trained to be soldiers capable to overcoming the threats of the wasteland after Vault-Tec issued the all clear.
Annual population turnover was disguised as a "graduation" from the training program and was intended to be put forth as an important tradition to avoid suspicion; subjects with a aggregate ratings (which encompassed physical, intellectual and social prowess) of "excellent" or "superior" would be escorted to the genomics lab to be processed, while subjects with excellent or superior ratings in intelligence alone would be offered positions as overseer or research staff. Any other subjects were ordered to be culled from the rest of the population.
The Vault inevitably failed and has been taking over by a company of Gunners who have set up camp within.
Down through the basement of Malden Middle School is the entrance to the vault. A terminal detailing admissions is in a room off to the side of the entrance and en elevator takes dwellers down to the lower levels and the vault proper. The cluttered hallway outside of the elevator leads down to the atrium, with a door requiring the lab access card to get through.
The atrium is a hotspot for Gunners and contains a kitchen , bathrooms, sleeping areas, as well as a classroom on the second floor. The atrium also has an entrance to the cavernous reactor to the south. A locker room in the northwest also has a door leading connecting the atrium to the hallways to the elevator; this junction also has a stairwell leading down to the labs, which includes a combat simulation facility, and the Gunner commander holding the lab access card.
With the lab access card, one can continue on from the atrium-hallway junction up to the observation deck for the combat facility. A Gunner in this section holds the admin access card, allowing one to go back and access the overseer's office. The office holds a few more Gunners and the overseer's private quarters.
- The Vault 75 lab access card is found on a Gunner commander in the combat simulation facility.
- The Vault 75 admin access card is found on a Gunner in the combat simulation facility observation deck.
- The Science bobblehead is found on a desk at the end of a combat testing observation deck off the main atrium. The vault 75 lab access card is required to get through the door leading there.
- An issue of Grognak the Barbarian is found on the bed within the Overseer's personal quarters, connected to their office.
Vault 75 appears only in Fallout 4.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.287-288: "[2.23] MALDEN MIDDLE SCHOOL
According to some uncorroborated reports, Vault-Tec was commissioned by the U.S. military to experiment on and train children to become battle-ready super-soldiers who would obey orders without a second thought. The experiment did not end well. Gunners have moved into what remains of the vault."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- ↑ Vault 75 terminals; Chief Scientist's Terminal, PRIME DIRECTIVE
- ↑ Vault 75 terminals; Chief Scientist's Terminal, EXPERIMENTAL ABSTRACT
- ↑ Vault 75 terminals; Classroom Terminal, UPTOPLAND HEROES
- ↑ Vault 75 terminals; Admissions Terminal, Annual Turnover Protocol