The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault
by filling it in
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault
by filling it in
Welcome, sir or madam. Do you wish to purchase something?
Vendortron is a protectron manning the Gun Runners kiosk outside of Freeside in 2281.
Vendortron is a protectron that sells weapons for the Gun Runners. According to the Vendortron, the kiosk was built around it in order to deter theft and assault. As such, the Vendortron and it's stock are invulnerable.
Interactions with the player character
|Involved in quests:
The store has five inventory tiers (the inventory is random and may not include all weapons listed below):
- Tier 1 (player level 1): silenced .22 pistol, varmint rifle, M&A 9mm pistol .357 Magnum revolver, single shotgun.
- Tier 2 (player level 1): N99 10mm pistol, 9mm submachine gun, cowboy repeater, service rifle, caravan shotgun.
- Tier 3 (player level 6): .44 Magnum revolver, lever-action shotgun, silenced .22 SMG, 10mm submachine gun, .308 Hunting rifle, sawed-off shotgun.
- Tier 4 (player level 11): trail carbine, hunting revolver, assault carbine, sniper rifle, hunting shotgun.
- Tier 5 (player level 16): riot shotgun, 12.7mm submachine gun, Marksman carbine, minigun, light machine gun, brush gun, anti-materiel rifle.
Finishing the Honest Hearts add-on will also make the .45 Auto pistol, .45 Auto submachine gun, war club, yao guai gauntlet, tomahawk, and fire bomb available for purchase. After installing Lonesome Road, rockets and nails will be sold, even without having started the add-on's quests.
- The Vendortron can carry most weapon mods available in the game, even while purchasing with a level 1 character.
- It will always have all Honest Hearts and Lonesome Road mods once the player finishes the add-ons.
- If the Vendortron sells a gun, it will also have a chance of stocking the appropriate ammunition. If the ammunition appears for purchase, it will be in a large quantity (usually in a stack of 100+ of non-rare ammunition types).
- It refreshes its cap supply and rotates its stock every Sunday and Wednesday.
- All stocked weapons are at 98% condition.
- This is a good place for high-level players to sell their goods, as the Vendortron can have as many as 8,000 caps in its inventory at higher levels.
- It shows no change in disposition if the guards are killed.
- Even if all the Gun Runners are killed, it will still be resupplied.
- If the player gets into a fight with the guards, they will be unable to speak with the Vendortron until the fight ends.
- Like the Gun Runners in Fallout, it is one of the best sources of ammunition and weapons.
- It is marked as essential, so it cannot be killed even if it somehow escapes the kiosk (or the player clips inside).
- The weapons on the wall behind it are for display only; they are not part of its inventory and cannot be purchased.
- According to the computer terminal inside the Gun Runners workshop, there seems to be some debate relating to a possible name change for the Vendortron.
- The Vendortron's programming seems to be unable to distinguish between genders, since it says "Welcome, sir or madam".
- If the player drops an inventory item near the Vendortron, it can drop or roll into the kiosk, rendering the item irretrievable.
A solution to make the Vendortron friendly again (if you provoke it). (If all Gun Runners occupants and guards are dead) The solution is to the enter the Gun Runner headquarters and type in the command console killall. This will make the Vendortron unconscious. You can either type in resurrect or wait a few moments to get conscious. After this it will resume to its original state.
- "This is the New Vegas branch of the Gun Runners, supplying the wasteland with only the finest armaments since 2155."
- "The store is currently unavailable due to unexpected circumstances. Please come back later."
- "Welcome, sir or madam. Do you wish to purchase something?"
- "Hello, potential customer."
- "Come back and see us again soon."
Behind the scenes
- On a terminal inside the Gun Runners factory, it is suggested that the Vendortron's name be changed from Vendortron to an actual name, "like Bob. We're not calling it Bob" which is a reference to the 2000 post-apocalyptic science fiction film Titan A.E..
- Dialogue with Alexander states that the Gun Runners are unable to sell energy weapons due to Brotherhood of Steel attacks on caravans, but there is a nearly complete series of form lists in the files that would allow Vendortron to sell energy weapons at the same high condition as guns. The lists are unpolished, though - they lack entries for the Gauss rifle and Plasma Defender, and contain an entry for the semi-unique multiplas rifle.
- bugs page for details.
Several bugs exist related to vendor inventory replenishment and conditions that prevent caps from transferring from a vendor. See main
- Golden Gloves and boxing tape by punching him through the box he is in. This is also possible with a bumper sword.
You can kill him with
If you buy too many raw materials to create ammunition in one transaction (case boxes, primer boxes, jars etc.), the game will crash at the inventory window screen. This can also happen just from simply making a large transaction in general. To avoid this, buy a single unit of raw material(be sure to accept the deal), after buying a single unit, the rest may vanish which may cause more problems.
If you initiate combat and then enter the Gun Runners' complex, it is possible for him to follow you into the building (disregarding the impenetrable kiosk he was housed in). Since he is not treated like a normal non-player character nor ever meant to be fought, he cannot be targeted in V.A.T.S. and has no health. He is therefore invincible (and quite a threat). You can also talk to him while he is hostile.
- Isaac, then proceeding to barter with Vendortron when Isaac is leaning against the reloading bench, Isaac will clip down through the floor. After traveling and returning to the Gun Runners, he will be inside Vendortron's shack, talking to Vendortron which makes it impossible to barter with him.
Occasionally after talking to
- Gun Runner guards or Isaac, Vendortron will attack the player, oddly enough dealing damage toward the player even though it is behind a slab of glass. This can be fixed by reloading a previous save or holstering your weapon.needs verification
Sometimes when engaging in combat with the
Punching the kiosk while facing him may turn him hostile. If the player then enters the Gun Runners factory he will appear inside the building along with you and will be hostile. After dealing with Gun Runners personnel and leaving, when you return to the Gun Runners Kiosk (after a few days), Vendortron will no longer be hostile, but may appear standing in front of his kiosk rather than inside it. He will still function in the usual way though.
- New Vegas Medical Clinic, Vendortron will spawn nearby walking back to Gun Runners. A Gun Runner Guard may also spawn and walk back as well.
On rare occasions, after speaking/trading with Vendortron, then traveling to
- If you open the Gun Runners gate while hidden, therefore keeping the Gun Runner Guards friendly, sometimes the Vendertron will tell you that he cannot sell to you while an incident is going on at the factory. Shutting the gate will not change this, but continuously engaging in conversation, he will decide that the situation has cleared and will once again initialize bartering with you.needs verification
Vendortron appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- ↑ The Courier: "How did you get inside there?"
Vendortron: "This kiosk was specially constructed around me to deter theft and assault."
|Military and security||Turrets||Automated turret · Auto-cannon · Gun turret · Laser turret · Turret robot|
|Floating robots||Eyebot (Duraframe Eyebot) · Floating eye · Hover robot · Mister Gutsy (Hardened Mister Gutsy, Ironbelly, Cerberus Sawbones, Sergeant RL-3, Hoover) · Security robot|
|Walkers||Argos · Behemoth · CRB-S · Gasbot · Gun robot · Humanoid brain bot · Humanoid robot (Gloating robot, HR 1200, HR 1205, HR 2999) · Kamikaze robot · Laser robot · Liberty Prime · Pacification robot · Protectron (Deputy Weld, Fisto, Primm Slim) · Robo-scorpion (X-42 giant robo-scorpion) · Scurry robot · Sentinel ·Type II sentry bot · Tesla robot|
|Tracked and wheeled robots||Gatling laser security robot · Protect-O-Bot · Robobrain (Masterbrain, Skynet) · Securitron (Jane, Marilyn, Victor, Yes Man, 010011110110111001100101, Muggy) · Type I sentry bot (Hardened Sentry Bot, RY-589 Ultimo bot, Sparky)|
|Utility||General||Assistant robot ·Maintenance robot · Mister Handy (Andy, Crazed Mister Handy, Godfrey, 'Job, Mobile facial recognition scanner, Mister Buckingham, Mr. Janitor, Rhonda, Tour guide, Unit 462, Sparks, Wadsworth) · Service robot · Think tank · Walking eye|
|Medical||Medical Eyebot · Mr. Orderly (Doctor Orderly MD PHD DDS) · Sawbones|
|Industrial||Agricola robot · Construction drone (Construction drone foreman, The Custodian) Loadlifter robot · Maintenance robot ·Mr Steel · Python ·Repair Eyebot · Tank track robot|
|Commercial||Sunset Sarsaparilla eyebot · Vendortron|