Veni, Vidi, Vici is the final main quest in Fallout: New Vegas and also an achievement/trophy, if the players choose to side with Caesar's Legion.
 Quick walkthrough
- Speak to Legate Lanius in the his camp.
- Breaking through four areas of Hoover Dam and make your way to General Oliver.
- Confront General Oliver and either kill him or convince him to not fight the Legion.
 Detailed walkthrough
After speaking to Lanius in his camp, the player is set on Hoover Dam and is tasked in taking the dam through force. There are four sectors of the dam that must have the NCR forced from them; the sectors progress linearly.
The last sector where you confront General Oliver. However, the general is found in the last room. First of all, the player must make their way around the force fields. After doing this, you need to go to the second level. On this level, there are several more NCR troopers impeding progress but keep an eye out for the many traps. Both corners of the office room on the second floor have frag mines concealed in them that cannot be disarmed; the middle office sections are full of rigged shotguns and high damage explosives.
Here one can convince the general to stand down with a Speech check of 100 or simply kill him. The player will have to kill the guards surrounding Oliver in addition to Oliver himself. Leave the room and be congratulated for spilling blood by the Legate and the game will end.
 Journal entries
|1|| ||Cross the dam and make your way to the western power plant.|
|2|| ||(Optional) Take out the snipers who've taken up position in the western portion of the dam.|
|3|| ||(Optional) Release the waiting Legion reinforcements inside the intake tower.|
|4|| ||Find the enemy commander, General Oliver.|
|5|| ||Kill General Oliver and the soldiers guarding him.|
|6||Return to the Legate and tell him that General Oliver has been driven off.|
|6||Return to the Legate and tell him that General Oliver has been killed.|
 Behind the scenes
- "Veni, vidi, vici" means "I came, I saw, I conquered," Julius Caesar's description of a short war that occurred in what is now Turkey.
- If Arcade Gannon is following as a companion, he will leave upon arriving at the Legate's camp. Attempting to talk to him again will result in him saying "Why don't you make like Odysseus and get lost?" This is a reference to Homer's "The Odyssey" in which Odysseus treks 10 years across the Aegean Sea, trying to return to his home island of Ithaca following the Trojan War, but gets lost and side-tracked numerous times along the way.
- It is possible for an NCR ranger to become friendly in the office trap area. He will flee from the player, making the objective of killing all NCR soldiers much more difficult.
- During the confrontation with Oliver and his troops the player must navigate through a room full of mines, tripwires, and other traps. If the player quicksaves and quickloads all the mines previously detonated will detonate again.
- After leaving the Legate's tent, the gate to the dam will not open and you are unable to fast travel thus you are unable to complete the Veni Vidi Vinci quest and finish the game.
- After killing General Oliver and his guards, the quest will not move on to tell you to exit the room. Despite searching every area for any lingering enemies, no red tick(s) will appear. Simply load a save from before the conversation with General Oliver and try again.
- Sometimes General Oliver will get stuck in the debris at the top of the stairs; the player cannot kill him at this point and sometimes this will also cause the game to freeze.
- If you choose to wait before entering the Legate's camp, you might not be brought to the camp when you finally choose to go. Instead it will simply bring up the prompt, and then not do anything after choosing "yes".
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|