WKML broadcast station
Fallout 3 locations project
WKML broadcast station
Exterior, radio tower complex, cistern entrance, sealed cistern
The WKML broadcast station is located in the northwest section of the Capital Wasteland, situated south of Fort Constantine, north of Faded Pomp Estates, northwest of Silver Lining Drive-In, west of Drowned Devil's Crossing, and east of Dickerson Tabernacle Chapel.
Background[edit | edit source]
Layout[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
The outside is unexceptional. There is one ramp that leads up to the broadcast station and it is occasionally populated by two or three level-dependent super mutants.
Radio tower complex[edit | edit source]
On the wall to the right after entering there's an electrical switch which activates the broadcast tower at the outside. Other than that there is nothing noteworthy.
Sealed cistern[edit | edit source]
The entrance to the cistern, a drainage grate, can be found south of the building between the rocks. It is hidden under a pendent rock so that it may appear as the Courier stands directly upon the grate. He has to jump down a level. Fawkes may be asked to wait outside if he's a companion, as the cistern is a tight space.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Explosives bobblehead is inside the sealed cistern which can be hard to locate. There are three broadcast towers. Go to the eastern tower then head south-southwest off the cliff. The sealed cistern is on this same level, to the east. From here, the sealed cistern will also show up on your local map.
- This is a location for a random encounter.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like all radio stations, your Pip-Boy will detect the radio signal Kilo Bravo if you turn the power on to the antenna; however, in this case the power switch is inside the WKML building instead of near an actual antenna.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The WKML broadcast station only appears in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Taking followers into the sealed cistern may result in one or more issues, mostly due to the fact that the area is very small:
- If Mel appears by the broadcast station and you talk him out of mugging you and he begins to flee the frame-rate will severely drop until you leave the hill on which the tower is located.
- Greener Pastures disposal site to WKML broadcast station your game might freeze/lockup, make sure you SAVE before fast traveling to this location. When fast traveling from
- If you drop down from the rocks on the opposite side of the plateau to the cistern entrance and land between the cliff and a large rock, the player can see through the cliff when facing east.