WKML Broadcast Station
Fallout 3 locations project
WKML Broadcast Station
Exterior, interior, drainage cistern
The WKML Broadcast Station is located in the northwest section of the Capital Wasteland, situated south of Fort Constantine, north of Faded Pomp Estates, northwest of Silver Lining Drive-In, west of Drowned Devil's Crossing, and east of Dickerson Tabernacle Chapel.
The outside is unexceptional. There is one ramp that lead up to the broadcast station and it is occasionally populated by two or three level-dependent super mutants.
The inside has no notable loot. There is a desk off in the corner and a panel of sorts on the wall opposite the desk.
After going up the stairs to the WKML building, go to the local map, and place the cursor directly on the WKML Broadcast Station icon, the sealed cistern will be directly south, right at where the |_ _| are. It will say "Drainage gate to sealed cistern." You will then need to drop down a level. You may want to ask Fawkes to wait outside if you have him, as it is a tight space.
Inside is a very short passage with a desk. You will find the following:
- One RadAway
- Two bottles of purified water
- One stimpak
- One Med-X
- One .32 pistol with 5 rounds in a box
- One Stealth Boy
- One fission battery
- One lunchbox
- Bobblehead - Explosives
There is no notable loot inside the station itself.
- The explosives bobblehead is inside the sealed cistern which can be hard to locate. There are three broadcast towers. Go to the eastern tower then head south-southwest off the cliff. The sealed cistern is on this same level, to the east. From here, the sealed cistern will also show up on your local map.
- A Grognak the Barbarian comic is on a table in the makeshift shack just a hundred or so yards directly south-east of the broadcast station, at the Silver Lining Drive-In. The shack can be spotted from the WKML Broadcast Station.
- A Tumblers Today magazine is in the trailer of the truck to the east, at Drowned Devil's Crossing.
- A Guns and Bullets in Dickerson Tabernacle Chapel just to the west of the station, near a bed and some ammunition boxes.
- This is a location for a random encounter.
- Like all radio stations, your Pip-Boy will detect the Signal Kilo Bravo radio signal if you turn the power on to the antenna; however, in this case the power switch is inside the WKML building instead of near an actual antenna.
- The radio signal transmission can be activated by throwing a switch on the east wall inside of the WKML building.
The WKML Broadcast Station only appears in Fallout 3.
- Taking followers into the sealed cistern may result in one or more issues, mostly due to the fact that the area is very small:
- If Mel appears by the broadcast station and you talk him out of mugging you and he begins to flee the frame-rate will severely drop until you leave the hill on which the tower is located.
- Greener Pastures disposal site to WKML Broadcast Station your game might freeze/lockup, make sure you SAVE before fast traveling to this location. When fast traveling from
- If you drop down from the rocks on the opposite side of the plateau to the cistern entrance and land between the cliff and a large rock, the player can see through the cliff when facing east.