Wang Dang Atomic Tango
Wang Dang Atomic Tango
The new 'employees' for the casino
Quick walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Speak with James Garret at the Atomic Wrangler Casino to start the quest.
- Find the three "escorts" around town:
- A ghoul wearing a cowboy suit
- A "smooth talker"
- A "sex-bot"
- Return to James to finish the quest.
Detailed walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The quest begins by speaking to James Garrett. He is one of the Garret twins who are the owners of the Atomic Wrangler in Freeside. Ask James if he has any work for you, and he will propose that you find him suitable escorts (prostitutes) for clientele with very specific interests. He has three unique requests: a ghoul dressed up in a cowboy suit, a smooth talker, and a robot.
Recruit a real ghoul cowboy[edit | edit source]
The ghoul wearing a cowboy outfit is Beatrix Russell at the Old Mormon Fort. Convincing her takes either a Speech check of 35 or a Barter check of 35; otherwise you can bribe her with a bottle of absinthe. When she agrees you can either head to the Atomic Wrangler to get paid for the first escort, or find the other two first.
Recruit a suave talker[edit | edit source]
The smooth talker can be either Santiago, one of the dead beats Francine Garret hires you to find in the quest Debt Collector, or Old Ben, the chatty stranger standing outside the North Gates to the Strip. To recruit Santiago, just ask. For Old Ben, you'll need 50 Speech or the Confirmed Bachelor or Black Widow perk. It is possible to get both smooth talkers to agree, however only one will give you the reward. If you chose both, Ben will show up at the Wrangler but you will receive no reward nor can you receive his services.
Recruit a sexbot[edit | edit source]
Fisto, the sexbot, is found at Cerulean Robotics. There are a few giant rats inside, and the large assembly room contains a robot in stasis. The computer is an average hack (50 Science). There is a keycard to unlock the computer. It is behind an average lock on the far right cabinet in the assembly room. The key to this cabinet is on the floor in front of the television under the decayed corpse. Once in the computer, you must upload an operating program.
The robot can be programmed without the holotape proved your Science skill is 60 or more. After performing this upgrade in the factory, Fisto will offer a dialogue option to provide a 'service', if you accept no damage is done but you will complain about not being able to feel your legs.
Alternately, to get a holotape program to upload to the robot, visit Ralph at Mick & Ralph's. He will mention the robot at Cerulean, and then will agree to write the program for 150 caps, telling you it will take a couple days. If you have 50 Speech however, he will make it for free, or if you have 35 Speech then it will only cost 100 caps. It will take about 24 game hours to be ready. Take the program back to Cerulean and upload it to the robot. It will power up and you will have a chance to "test it out". The screen goes dark and you can hear a peculiar drilling sound. After the 'testing' has ended, your character experiences numbness, which 'is normal'. Whether you choose to test it or not, you inform the sexbot that its owner is James Garret and it heads to the Atomic Wrangler.
With all three escorts found, head back to speak to James about your pay. This will finish the quest.
Journal entries[edit | edit source]
|1||Recruit a sexbot.|
|2||Recruit a suave talker.|
|3||Recruit a real ghoul cowboy.|
|4||Tell James Garret Beatrix will be joining the Wrangler.|
|5||Tell James Garret Santiago/Old Ben will be joining the Wrangler.|
|6||Tell James Garret Fisto will be joining the Wrangler.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Wild Wasteland trait is taken, when exiting Cerulean Robotics the courier is set upon by three old ladies, armed with rolling pins, bright pink dresses, and a disdain for Couriers deciding the fate of New Vegas. There's no reasoning with them. This is a reference to the Monty Python skit "Hell's Grannies", a gang of elderly women.
- James' dialogue upon being informed about Fisto implies that it is for his own "interests".
- If you have bad reputation in Freeside you cannot complete this quest via holotape, as Ralph will refuse to talk to you, therefore not letting you buy the holotape, but this can be combated through paying James to boost your reputation. This can be circumvented by getting a Science of 60.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The name of this quest is possibly a reference to "The Wang Dang Taffy-Apple Tango," a pop song written by J. Leslie McFarland and Aaron Schroeder. Pat Boone recorded and released the song in 1959.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If you ask Ralph for the holotape and then upload the program to Fisto by passing the Science check, the holotape will become stuck in your inventory as a quest item taking up a weight of 1 (though it is actually weightless).