The war club is sculpted from a hard wood native to the Zion Valley. This two foot long war club is the signature weapon of the Dead Horses tribe, hence the striking end of the weapon being shaped like a horse's head. The club has a quick rate of attack, adding up to a high damage per second.
- One can be found inside of the Dead Horses camp, outside Angel Cave, but it must be stolen.
- One is given as a bonus reward if no bighorners are killed while completing the quest Bighorners of the Eastern Virgin.
- They can be bought at the Gun Runners and from merchants at the 188 trading post after completing Honest Hearts.
- Can sometimes be bought from Joshua Graham.
- A war club appears in the icon for the achievement/trophy O Daughter of Babylon.
- After modification, this weapon has a DPS almost as high as weapons that require a melee skill of 100. This makes it a solid melee weapon for players not devoted to increasing their melee skill.
- A war club that has been upgraded with War club honors makes a charge attack faster then running. In fact, simply holding down the melee button makes travel faster, even with light armor and certain perks. This is true even if your melee skill is lower than 25.
- Both modifications for the war club can be purchased at the Gun Runners after completing Honest Hearts.
 Behind the scenes
- The war club is similar to war clubs used by the native population of New Zealand and Apache tribals.