Wheel of Fortune is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
A group of scavengers, hired by Crimson Caravan, and led by Logan are inside the NCR storage room and seek to raid the town now that the NCR has has vacated it. However, the scavengers cannot go out for the same reason the NCR left: the Legion detonated a dirty bomb in the town and they can't go anywhere without radiation suits.
- Talk to Logan in the church basement in Camp Searchlight.
- Find the radiation suit package in the hidden supply cave north of Nipton.
- Return to Logan with the radiation suits.
- Explore the buildings in Camp Searchlight with Logan.
- In the Searchlight police station, pick up: the NCR 9mm submachine gun in the right hand jail cell; the NCR 10mm pistol on the desk in the northwest corner of the office; two NCR computer parts in the office's second and fifth center desks from the left; three NCR frag grenades on the shelf on the east wall of the storage room; the NCR grenade rifle on the stack of boxes next to the aforementioned shelf; and two NCR radio parts in the third desk from the left in the semi-circle of three desks in the corner of the office.
- In the Searchlight fire station upper floor, pick up: the NCR 9mm submachine gun on the shelves in the room containing the chief fire officer terminal; two NCR frag grenades on the same shelf; two NCR radio parts on the small table in the room with the beds; two NCR computer parts in the duffle bags in the same room as the radio parts; and the NCR 10mm pistol on the kitchen table.
- Kill Logan and the other scavengers.
|1|| ||Speak with someone in Nipton about the missing radiation suits.|
|2|| ||Find suits in a nearby cave.|
|3|| ||Return with the suits to Logan.|
|4|| ||Go with Logan to the Police Station.|
|5||Go with Logan to the Fire Station.|
- Even if you killed all the ghouls in the area before taking the quest, new feral ones will appear in the camp.
- If Logan gets killed by the radscorpion queen in the fire station, the quest will immediately end in neither failure nor success.
- Killing Logan or Boxcars prior to obtaining this quest will fail the quest.
- If the quest cannot be completed due to a bug, and the player still needs the keys to the Searchlight fire and police stations, Logan can be killed for the keys. However they cannot be pickpocketed, as they won't appear in his inventory.
- Med-X prior to this quest, the player is only given the "goodbye" option when talking to him.
If the player has already given Boxcars the maximum number of
- setstage 0014050D 15.
To advance the quest to the phase where the footlocker containing the "radiation suit package" spawns, you can use the console ('~' key to open the console) and type:
If you kill Logan you can take the NCR radio and NCR computer parts, they are marked as quest items and will not leave the players inventory.
In some cases, the NCR 9mm submachine gun or the NCR grenade launcher will not be where it is supposed to be. In this case, Logan will persist in telling you there must be more NCR equipment. Nothing can induce him to move on to the fire station, so the quest must be abandoned. On PC, the grenade launcher can sometimes spawn inside one of the crates, making it inaccessible.
Causing an explosion in the corner where the boxes are may cause the grenade launcher to appear on one of the desks, or at least poke out of the box. This may require repeated attempts.
Logan and his cronies can be killed in fire station and quest will be completed.
Sometimes Logan will keep telling the player that there have to be more NCR parts in the police station even though everything has been collected.
- Logan will refuse to enter into conversation with the player. It may not be possible to retrieve the fire station key even after killing him, preventing entry into that location.
- Nipton prior to this quest can prevent the dialog option relating to it from becoming available when speaking to Boxcars.
Exploring the hidden supply cave just outside
Sometimes the footlocker supposedly containing the "radiation suit package" is inaccessible and thus not able to be obtained. This can be fixed by reloading the autosave.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|