Fallout 3 locations project
The White House, or what's left of it...
The White House was the official residence and principal workplace of the President of the United States, has been the residence of every U.S. president since John Adams in 1800. It apparently sustained a direct hit with a nuclear warhead in 2077. All that is left in its place is a giant, highly radioactive crater. The only entities left here are some ferocious glowing ones.
The way to the White House is to exit the Penn. Ave Northwest station in Pennsylvania Avenue, go up the stairs, and proceed straight until you reach the building to the north. A manhole cover on the sidewalk at the southwest corner of the building leading to utility will be visible. This manhole connects to the White House bunker.
The crater is a small area with a number of elevated platforms, remnants of the underground bunkers of the White House. The remnants of the executive residence are seen from where the southern lawn and portico of the White House would be.
 Notable loot
- 3 mini nukes at the top of the stairs, located left of the entrance.
- Fat Man - There is a Fat Man next to the 3 mini nukes and one on the roof close to a first aid box.
- This area is quite radioactive (6-7 rads/second), so taking Rad-X before going through the door out of the utility tunnel is advised. This is the door to "Pennsylvania Avenue". At the top of the stairs in the White House ruins is a Fat Man, three mini nukes, and two units of RadAway.
- If the player has a follower, they may get to the Fat Man first and take it, creating a potentially lethal risk as followers don't take the splash radius of the attack into account, making for dangerous fighting.
- A copy of Pugilism Illustrated can be found in the utility tunnels. Turning to the right after entering the tunnels will reveal a small camp of sorts, the book can be found directly across from the entrance.
- It is possible for the 2 skeletons placed with the 3 mini nukes and 2 RadAways to glitch and knock the items either under or out of the map so they become unattainable.
The White House appears only in Fallout 3.
- The player can escape the White House boundaries by jumping on certain wrecked walls.
- Fat Man to 'fall through' the map, rendering it unobtainable. It is possible for the