Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
.357 Magnum revolver
.357 Magnum revolver
Regular and fully modified
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The .357 Magnum revolver is a single action, fixed-cylinder revolver. It's highly reliable and fires a powerful round, though its antiquated designs requires it to be loaded one bullet at a time, through a loading gate located next to the cylinder. However, this also allows the weapon to be fired quickly under duress, as opposed to more modern designs, which require the entire cylinder to be emptied before reloading.
Weapons found in the Mojave are somewhat worn, medium-gray. While the action and barrel are constructed of steel or iron, the grip appears to be carved from an antler. Some two hundred years ago this was likely a fine, highly performing weapon, but years of elemental and human abuse have eroded the pistol, leaving it a weathered, though still serviceable revolver.
The iron sights are set low, making it hard to use the weapon at ranges other than close quarters combat. However, the weapon has incredible reliability, cannot jam, and is an improved holdout weapon (can be taken into weapon-free locations with a Sneak of 50 or more). The abundance of .357 Magnum rounds is also an asset.
Modifications[edit | edit source]
- .357 Magnum revolver long barrel: +3 damage.
- .357 Magnum revolver heavy duty cylinder: +50% durability.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Lucky: Unique variant boasting better accuracy and critical multiplier.
- Police pistol: A more powerful law enforcement variant found in the Sierra Madre.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Name||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|.357 Magnum revolver||26||45.5||1.8||x1||26||0.5||26||.357 Magnum round||6||2||200||110||Guns:0 Strength:3|
|Lucky||30||82.5||2.8||x2.5||30||0.3||17||.357 Magnum round||6||2.5||225||1500||Guns:0 Strength:3|
|Police pistol||30||60||2.0||x1||45||0.5||19||.357 Magnum round||6||3||225||1000||Guns:0 Strength:4|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Goodsprings: Prospector Saloon, inside a large glass behind the counter.
- Goodsprings cemetery: May be found in one of the graves.
- Nipton house: Found under a workbench in one of the houses.
- Black Mountain: On a dead NCR trooper on the road leading to the summit.
- Aerotech office park: In the locked bathroom in Aerotech Suite 300.
- Westside, Klamath Bob's Liquor Store: Behind the counter.
- Monte Carlo Suites: On a dead gambler in the ruins to the east.
- Goodsprings: Carried by Trudy, Chet, Easy Pete, and Joe Cobb.
- Helios One: Carried by Lieutenant Haggerty.
- Freeside: Carried by the suicide bomber during Birds of a Feather.
- Commonly carried by Powder Gangers.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to patch 126.96.36.1992, the .357 Magnum cost 20 AP to use in VATS.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The revolver is affected by a standard bug when reloading may cause the reload animation to be twice as long. Unequipping and reequipping the weapon solves the problem.
- If the pip-boy is activated during the reload animation, and the revolver is unequipped in the Pip-boy, the courier is launched at a high speed forward. This can be exploited by purchasing exactly one bullet (of a given type) and reloading whenever desired.
- Note: May sometimes cause a high vertical jump, which may be fatal barring a secondary exploit.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The .357 Magnum revolver is essentially based on the Colt Single Action Army, although Mitch Ahlswede, the artist responsible for creating it, used a few different guns for reference.