.44 round, Magnum (Fallout 3)
|For an overview of .44 ammunition types in the Fallout series of games, see .44 Magnum.|
.44 round, Magnum
The powerful .44 Magnum round was originally developed for revolvers. Soon adapted for pistols and even rifles, it is a large-bore cartridge delivering a heavy, sizable bullet at very high velocities. Its excellent stopping power and range also result in plenty of recoil and a distinctive muzzle blast, making it a poor choice for users prizing maneuverability and control over sheer firepower. However, it remains well suited for any inhabitant of the wasteland needing a round capable of stopping monsters, human or otherwise.
The basic .44 Magnum ammunition is a standard full metal jacket bullet: A soft metal core surrounded by a jacket made from tougher metal. This allows for higher muzzle velocities and greater damage, as well as increased performance against armor. The increased damage is reduced somewhat by the fact that the metal jacket limits the expansion, resulting in less kinetic energy transferred to the target.
One of the rarest types of ammunition in the wastelands, as .44 weapons are extremely rare and few enemies use them. The best source of this type of ammunition are either merchants or caches of ammunition. Thankfully, the latter are not uncommon.
Weapons using this ammunition
- Scoped .44 Magnum (Blackhawk, Callahan's Magnum, Paulson's revolver)
- Mysterious Stranger's .44 Magnum (not obtainable in normal gameplay)
- Lincoln's repeater
- Citadel: Knight Captain Durga
- Evergreen Mills: Smiling Jack.
- House of Wares: Madame Panada.
- Little Lamplight: Knick Knack
- Megaton: Moira Brown
- Paradise Falls: Pronto (after completing Economics of Violence)
- The Pitt Downtown: Friday
- Rivet City: Flak 'N Shrapnel's, Seagrave Holmes, Sydney
- Tenpenny Tower: Chief Gustavo, Lydia Montenegro, Michael Masters.
- Underworld: Tulip.
- Wasteland: Lucky Harith (after investments at Canterbury Commons).
|Closest map marker||Amount||Description|
|Bethesda Ruins||~20 rounds||West offices, in an office to the right at the top of the left staircase|
|Cargo hold||2 ammunition boxes||In the ammunition box hoard near the conveyor belt (Mothership Zeta).|
|Engineering core||20 rounds||Right next to the Decompression Chamber, under a work bench (Mothership Zeta).|
|Rivet City||2 ammunition boxes||Inside the broken bow.|
|Tepid sewer||~20 rounds||Near Rocksalt.|
|Tepid sewer||2 ammunition boxes||Between the tepid sewer and Farragut West Metro Station|
|The Mill (||Ammo press||The player can manufacture ammunition of this caliber after Free Labor|