We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
.44 Magnum revolver (Fallout: New Vegas)
|For an overview of .44 caliber revolvers in the Fallout series of games, see .44 Magnum revolver.|
.44 Magnum revolver
Regular and fully modified
The Smith & Wesson Model 29 is a six-shot, double-action revolver chambered for the .44 Magnum cartridge, manufactured since 1955. This large frame revolver offers excellent accuracy, firepower, and reliability. Multiple models remain available and quite popular in the wastelands, from the shortened 4 1/2 inch variant to the full size, high end monsters with scopes. By default, the revolvers come with tritium illuminated sights.
A second tier revolver chambered for .44 Magnum, it is more powerful than the first tier .357 Magnum revolver in every aspect. It offers superior damage, faster fire rate and reload, and modifications including a scope.
- Heavy frame: An improved frame (matted steel finish and a custom wooden grip) improves condition by 50%.
- Scope: A hunting scope offering 1.86x magnification is mounted on the revolver.
- Mysterious Magnum: A highly customized .44 Magnum belonging to the Lonesome Drifter.
- Raul's .44 Magnum revolver: The default weapon of Raul. It can't be obtained by the player and has infinite magical companion ammo.
- Miss Fortune's Bad Luck Bringer: A unique variant employed by Miss Fortune to wreak havoc on enemies.
- Mysterious Stranger's .44 Magnum: A non-playable variant used by the Mysterious Stranger whenever he appears.
|Name||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|.44 Magnum revovler||36||67.5||1.9||x1||36||0.7||25||.44 Magnum round||6||3.5||250||2500||Guns: 50 Strength: 5|
|Mysterious Magnum||42||102.4||2.4||x1||42||0.5||22||.44 Magnum round||6||4||150||3200||Guns: 50 Strength: 6|
- Cachino (Gomorrah)
- Decanus Severus (Cottonwood Cove)
- Old Ben (Freeside)
- Omerta thugs encountered during Bye Bye Love.
- Viper leaders
- Yvette (Monte Carlo Suites)
- Prior to patch 220.127.116.112, the .44 Magnum cost 28 AP to use in VATS.
- A graphical glitch can happen when the cylinder is not properly removed after reloading the weapon. Switching weapons or reloading a save fixes the problem.
- The .44 Magnum suffers from a standard reloading animation bug, when loading a savegame can double the length of the reload animation. Switching to a different weapon fixes this issue.
- Weapon appearance in released games.
- Fallout: New Vegas appearance.