In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
.45 Auto pistol
.45 Auto pistol
Regular and fully modified
This type of .45 Automatic pistol was designed by one of my tribe almost four hundred years ago. Learning its use is a New Canaanite rite of passage.”— Joshua Graham, Honest Hearts
A single-action, semiautomatic, recoil-operated pistol, the .45 Auto is a timeless design dating back to the early 20th century. This timeless design has been originally used by the U.S. Army, but eventually gave way to more advanced designs. Regardless, it has been adopted after the Great War as the signature weapon of New Canaan. The original designer of the .45 Auto was a Mormon himself, making it a natural choice.
The pistol fires the powerful .45 Auto ammunition, offering excellent damage and accuracy at range. It has excellent illuminated sights, making it a good choice in all lighting conditions. Its only drawback is that it has a small magazine capacity.
The silencer modification makes it an excellent weapon when subtlety is needed, especially since it is an improved holdout weapon (can be sneaked in with a Sneak of 50) and the strongest silenced weapon of this type.
The .45 Auto pistol can fire a total of 745 standard rounds before breaking, or 1,117 shots with the .45 AP HD slide modification.
- .45 Auto pistol heavy duty slide: +50% durability
- .45 Auto pistol silencer: Brings sound detection level from normal to silent.
|The following is based on Fallout New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- .45 Auto pistol improved sights: Adds illuminated sights. Installed by default.
- .45 Auto pistol beveled mag wells: Reduces reload times.
|End of information based on Fallout New Vegas cut content.|
- A Light Shining in Darkness: Joshua Graham's personal weapon.
- Joshua's Pistol Whippin' .45: Non-playable weapon used by Joshua when asked to go melee.
- Follows-Chalk's .45 Auto pistol: Follows-Chalk's pistol. Only different in that it uses companion ammunition and has non-illuminated sights..
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|.45 Auto pistol||Semi-auto pistol||29||79.8||2.8||x1||29||0.8||17||.45 Auto||7||1.5||150||1750||Guns:25 Strength:3|
|A Light Shining in Darkness||Semi-auto pistol||33||144.4||4.4||x2||33||0.55||15||.45 Auto||6||1.2||250||4500||Guns:75 Strength:3|
- Angel Cave, Sorrows Camp: Joshua Graham
- Mojave vendors ( Vendortron, Great Khan armorer, Chet etc.) stock it after the add-on is completed.
- Angel Cave: Four on Joshua's table, more in the footlocker.
- Bighorners of the Eastern Virgin: Quest reward.
- Dead Horses and White Legs carry it.
Behind the scenes
- Obviously, the .45 Auto pistol is based on the Colt M1911, though it is not a perfect replica thereof.
- The pistol's firepower was improved to make it more in line with player expectations, rather than reality.
- Joshua indirectly refers to John Browning as the designer of the pistol, but .45 auto pistol isn't the only gun designed by John Browning being used in Fallout: New Vegas. The others being the Cowboy repeater, 9mm pistol, and the Automatic rifle from Dead Money.
- It is affected by the standard double reload animation length bug. Simply re-equipping it solves the issue.
- The Courier: "Nice guns."
Joshua Graham: "In the Great Basin and Colorado Plateau, all tribes are known for a specific weapon. White Legs are known for their big submachine guns, "storm drums." They broke into an armory near Spanish Fork and have been using them for years. Of course, the Dead Horses have their wooden war clubs and even the Sorrows have their Yao Guai gauntlets. This type of .45 Automatic pistol was designed by one of my tribe almost four hundred years ago. Learning its use is a New Canaanite rite of passage."
(Joshua Graham's dialogue)
- JE Sawyer
- JE Sawyer, Something Awful