|DPS (reload)||32.7 (52.5)|
|Crit Dmg||9||Crit % Mult||x1|
|Ammo Type||10mm round|
|Ammo Cap.||12||Reload Time||1.3|
|Repair||N99 10mm pistols|
The N99 10mm pistol is a weapon found in Fallout 3.
10mm pistols are sidearms using the 10mm ammunition that was common before the Great War. They were used extensively by the Bureau of Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco, Firearms and Lasers, while in the military such pistols were being phased out in favor of energy weapons. Their ruggedness, reliability, and firepower made them a popular choice among wastelanders and thus a staple of wasteland firefights.
The large-framed, gas-operated N99 was selected as the standard issue conventional sidearm of the United States military, following the phaseout of the N80 in 2051. The long-barreled pistol remained in service for 26 years, until the Great War destroyed the United States. The pistol is designed to withstand the most extreme conditions, which was one of the requirements for a new service sidearm. It can also be repaired easily by anyone with even the most basic technical knowledge. This includes both clearing misfeeds and restoring a unit to working condition after long exposure to elements without maintenance.
These features also make it popular with wastelanders, who appreciate the ease of maintenance. It remains a common weapon, as even though many civilian units were ruined, they can easily be restored by anyone with some repair knowledge. Even damaged units can be used reliably, though they will offer subpar performance and jam frequently. The number of manufactured pistols means that parts are easy to come by, however.
A very good starting weapon, offering excellent performance against early and mid-game enemies. It uses the very common 10mm ammunition and can be easily repaired, as it's used far and wide. It is generally a better choice than the Chinese pistol, with greater firepower, fire rate, and accuracy. It is, however, less reliable as it can fire 552 rounds, translating to exactly 46 magazines, before breaking while the Chinese pistol is twice as durable.
- Colonel Autumn's 10mm pistol: Unique personal sidearm of Colonel Augustus Autumn, with twice the firepower.
- Silenced 10mm pistol: Fitted with a permanent silencer, it offers slightly worse ballistics, but counts as a silent weapon.
- Sonora Cruz' 10mm pistol: Unique pistol used by Sonora Cruz (ID: 0006f210). Set to deal 100 damage per shot, but Sonora Cruz is scripted to always flee, so she never uses it in combat.
- Operation: Anchorage offers the same performance, but is essentially indestructible, with a total of 999,150 hit points, and uses a different texture. There is also a silenced version used by the player when they first start the simulation. A separate item with the same appearance, but normal condition exists under the name 10mm alloy steel pistol, likely intended to be available to the player for use in normal gameplay outside the simulation. However, it was never placed anywhere in the addon. The simulated pre-War pistol from
- Commonly found throughout the wasteland.
- Non-player characters
- Officers Wilkins, Wolfe, Richards, O'Brian and Gomez.
- Taylor and Alphonse Almodovar in Trouble on the Homefront.
- Amata Almodovar will carry one into the wastes, if the player forces Vault 101's evacuation during Trouble on the Homefront
- Bannon, Birch, Colin Moriarty, the ghoul scientist, Greta, Jason Proud, Jessica, Joe Porter, Machete, Nathaniel Vargas, Pappy, Initiate Pek, Sonora Cruz, Ted Strayer, Weston Lesko and Winthrop.
- Millicent Wellington will use one to kill her husband, Edgar Wellington II if the player exposes his affair via the Love letter.
- ↑ Chris Taylor interview for Vault13.net
- ↑ Fallout 4 loading screen hints: "Small, dependable, reasonably powerful and widely available, the 10mm Pistol has been a staple of Wasteland combat since the bombs first fell."
- ↑ The Lone Wanderer: "Your gun is jammed? Can I take a look at it?"
Pek: "Sure, I guess. Can you fix it?"
The Lone Wanderer: "Sure can. Here, just pull this back to clear the chamber."
Pek: "Wow... that's... that's easy. Now at least I can shoot back at those mutant bastards. Are you ready?"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Citadel terminal entries: N99 10mm Pistol: "The 10mm N99 sidearm was standard issue military gear following the phase out of the N80 in 2051. The N99 was known for its ability to survive in the harshest of conditions and in many tests, the weapon was able to reliably be restored to working condition after an extended period of time exposed to hard elements and without maintenance.
The N99 proved to stand up to its claims and as a result, is one of the most common weapons found in use in the Wasteland. While many civilian weapons were ruined beyond use in the exterior conditions following the war, the N99 is commonly able to be easily restored to working order by anyone with the most basic knowledge of firearm mechanics.
However, an N99 in poor condition can often deliver low target and armor penetration, frequent jamming, and greatly reduced accuracy. Fortunately, the weapon was produced in great numbers and units are available for replacement parts."
- ↑ Liquid Development portfolio