12.7mm submachine gun
|For an overview of submachine gun models throughout the Fallout series, see submachine gun.|
12.7mm submachine gun
Regular and fully modified
An extremely powerful close quarters combat weapon, the 12.7mm submachine gun is as unique in its looks as it is in function. Loading rounds from a top mounted magazine located horizontally, parallel to the weapon's barrel, it utilizes a delayed blowback system, with an inertia block located in the center part of the weapon that redirects recoil downwards via a weighted block. The entire weapon is designed to lie in line with the operator's hand and shoulder, to reduce muzzle climb.
It is a rare weapon early on in the game, but becomes more common on higher levels. It is the top tier submachine gun, with an excellent DPS and good weapons spread. It can also be suppressed, making it the only submachine gun other than the silenced .22 SMG that can be used by Sneak-based characters. It also has a small magazine capacity, limiting its utility somewhat.
It is also classified as a two-handed weapon and will slow down the player when drawn. Furthermore, since it uses the assault rifle pistol grip animation, the Jury Rigging perk will classify it alongside the service rifle and light machine gun for repairs, rather than other submachine guns. However, it is as durable as the standard 10mm submachine gun, capable of firing 2495 standard rounds (~119 magazines) before breaking down.
- Silencer: Makes the weapon silent.
- 12.7mm submachine gun (GRA): A modified variant provided by the Gun Runners designed for a number of additional modifications. Identical stats to the base weapon.
- Bloodborne cave: Beyond the Very Hard lock gate, in a box alongside 8000 caps. The key is next to the campfire.
- Non-player characters
- Great Khans at Red Rock Canyon
- The Fort: Generic legionaries
- Legion vexillarii
- Legionary assassins
- White Legs storm-drummers and light-bringers Used by
- marked men Carried by
- Prior to patch 220.127.116.112, the 12.7mm SMG cost 20 AP to use in VATS, had a minimum spread of 4 degrees, an item HP of 250, a rate of fire of 8 shots per second, and carried fifteen rounds in the magazine.
Behind the scenes
- The 12.7mm SMG is almost entirely fictional, though a couple of elements were loosely inspired by the FN P90 and KRISS Vector.
- varmint rifle sounds. While both 12.7mm weapons have an unique silenced sound effect provided, WPN127mmModFire, they use