12.7mm submachine gun (GRA)
|For an overview of submachine gun models throughout the Fallout series, see submachine gun.|
12.7mm submachine gun
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
An extremely powerful close quarters combat weapon, the 12.7mm submachine gun is as unique in its looks as it is in function. Loading rounds from a top mounted magazine located horizontally, parallel to the weapon's barrel, it utilizes a delayed blowback system, with an inertia block located in the center part of the weapon that redirects recoil downwards via a weighted block. The entire weapon is designed to lie in line with the operator's hand and shoulder, to reduce muzzle climb.
It is a rare weapon early on in the game, but becomes more common on higher levels. It is the top tier submachine gun, with an excellent DPS and good weapons spread. It can also be suppressed, making it the only submachine gun other than the silenced .22 SMG that can be used by Sneak-based characters. It also has a small magazine capacity, limiting its utility somewhat.
It is also classified as a two-handed weapon and will slow down the player when drawn. Furthermore, since it uses the assault rifle pistol grip animation, the Jury Rigging perk will classify it alongside the service rifle and light machine gun for repairs, rather than other submachine guns. However, it is as durable as the standard 10mm submachine gun, capable of firing 2495 standard rounds (~119 magazines) before breaking down.
The Gun Runner variant has been modified to accept additional modifications.
Modifications[edit | edit source]
- Laser sight: -0.4 spread (to 1.6).
- Stacked magazine: +6 rounds per magazine, to 27 total.
- Suppressor: Makes the weapon silent.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- 12.7mm submachine gun: The vanilla variant, with a threaded barrel for just the silencer.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- varmint rifle sounds. While both 12.7mm weapons have an unique silenced sound effect provided, WPN127mmModFire, they use
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The 12.7mm SMG is almost entirely fictional, though a couple of elements were loosely inspired by the FN P90 and KRISS Vector.