25mm grenade APW (GRA)
|For an overview of grenade launcher models throughout the Fallout series, see grenade launcher.|
25mm grenade APW
Regular and fully modified
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The APW is a semi-automatic grenade launcher designed around the more compact, lightweight 25mm grenade round. Patterned after conventional shotguns, it combines the lethality of grenade launchers with the higher fire rate of grenade machineguns. The end result is a compact, fast-firing, accurate weapon with six grenades per magazine.
The APW can be a practical alternative to the grenade machinegun, as due to its semi-automatic nature, it does not go through the ammunition as fast, making it more efficient to use.
Modifications[edit | edit source]
- 25mm grenade APW expanded drum: +2 ammunition capacity
- 25mm grenade APW long barrel: Doubles grenade flight speed
- 25mm grenade APW upgraded internals: +25% fire rate
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Gun Runners: Vendortron.
- 188 trading post: Alexander
- Mess hall & munitions storage: Boomer munitions manager
- Various merchants around the Mojave
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The Grunt perk does not apply to this weapon in unmodified games, as it belongs to Honest Hearts, and Obsidian deliberately chose to avoid cross-add-on functionality and the technical headache it involves. jsawyer.esp applies the perk via script.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
25mm grenade APW with the expanded drum modification
25mm grenade APW with the long barrel modification
- Josh Sawyer on Formspring: "On the GRA Steam page, it says the Bozar is intended to be an "all-powerful LMG"; does that mean it was intended to benefit from the "Grunt" perk like the LMG? It doesn't seem to, not that it isn't a beast of a weapon as-is."
Unfortunately, because Grunt was introduced in Honest Hearts (DLC), GRA cannot reference it without introducing load order bugs. Sorry."