Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
9mm submachine gun (Fallout: New Vegas)
|For an overview of submachine gun models in the Fallout series of games, see submachine gun.|
9mm submachine gun
Regular and fully modified
We have a little 9mm submachine gun, it looks like a World War II grease gun, but sort of compacted. And that's a really cool distinctive little weapon.”— J.E.Sawyer, Fallout: New Vegas video developer diary #2
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
An automatic, air-cooled blowback-operated weapon firing from an open bolt, the 9mm submachine gun offers an exceptional rate of fire, capable of emptying its full 30-round magazine in under 3 seconds. It's a compact weapon, with a telescoping one-piece wire stock. The 9mm rounds doesn't deal quite as much damage as 10mm or 12.7mm rounds, but they're common and light, making it even easier to spray-and-pray.
With the light bolt modification, this weapon can do 200 damage-per-second. However, it shares the common weakness of most shotguns and automatic weapons in Fallout: New Vegas, in that much of its theoretical power is negated by the damage threshold system. In addition to losing much of its damage, the high spread of this weapon requires the player character to be in close quarters for all of the rounds fired to impact on the target. The 9mm SMG can fire 4245 standard rounds from full condition before breaking.
Modifications[edit | edit source]
Variant[edit | edit source]
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|9mm submachine gun||Submachine gun||14||154||11||x0.06||14||1.5||20||9mm round||30||4||550||850||Guns:25 Strength:3|
|Vance's 9mm submachine gun||Submachine gun||17||221||13||x0.05||17||1.5||20||9mm round||60||4||750||1499||Guns:25 Strength:3|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Andy Scabb carries a 9mm submachine gun.
- Carlyle St. Clair's house - hidden on the floor underneath the shelf.
- Commonly found on White Legs tribals in the Honest Hearts add-on.
- Found on various merchants and traders all throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- Goodsprings - inside Dr. Mitchell's house, there's a broken one on top of the Sunset Sarsaparilla crate that can be repaired if you have a Repair skill of 25.
- Gun Runners - the Vendortron sells one.
- Lower level Great Khans carry 9mm SMGs.
- Lucky 38, New Vegas - a fully repaired one can be found inside the basement.
- Mrs. Hostetler carries both a 9mm submachine gun and a lever-action shotgun.
- Nipton - inside the house with the Mister Gutsy.
- Vikki and Vance Casino, Primm - in the open safe inside casino cashier's office.
- Zapp's Neon Signs, South Vegas Ruins - in an open safe in the office.
- With the latest patch, Viper gunslingers can be found with them on a fairly uncommon basis below level 8.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to patch 184.108.40.2062, the 9mm SMG had an undefined entry for its AP cost, which defaulted to 20. It also dealt 11 points of damage on normal and critical hits, an item HP of 450, and a minimum spread of 2.2 degrees.