Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
AVR Medical Center
AVR Medical Center
AVR Medical Center is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
This large medical facility once served the people of Charleston both before and after the Great War, but was abandoned in the wake of the Christmas Flood in 2082. Over time, the hospital was picked apart thoroughly, leaving little in the way of supplies. However, it proved to be a sturdy refuge from outside threats when the Responders attempted to research the Scorched cure using what facilities weren't picked apart by the scavengers.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The AVR center is a large facility, spanning no less than three floors and filled with low level scorched.
- The ground floor contains the main hall and reception area, with minor loot spread out across the level. There's a small bathroom just right of the entrance, an emergency room down the left-hand door and the main reception with the staff locker room behind it. The treatment rooms are in the back, past the stairwell leading to the upper floor. Through the lab and post-op room lies the rear part of the building. The clinic and street exit are in the southern wing, with the hospital cafeteria in the northern one. The cafeteria's floor is completely gone, revealing a fusion generator on the bottom. The cafeteria contains a kitchen, where a random recipe can spawn, and a staff staircase leading to the second floor, as well as a street exist on the northern side, with a staircase leading down into the basement next to it.
- The basement is worth checking out, as it contains Doctor Hudson's research, moving up from the generator room and right, down the stairs. The laboratory is part of an Ounce of Prevention and also contains the location's steamer trunk and a chemistry station.
- The second floor surrounding the eastern entrance contains offices and a secure storage room (the code is ....), together with a Responder survey holotape. One level up and it's the administrative offices, with the south-eastern office, once belonging to Marvin Vexim, containing a bobblehead spawn point, a locked terminal, and a safe.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Fusion core: In the generator below the cafeteria.
- Random bobblehead: Southeastern office on the third floor, above the eastern hall.
- Field Report: AVR Medical: Upper floor, office overlooking the eastern entrance.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The Jangles Monkey with the toy alien on its face is a reference to Alien, and the way Kane was facehugged on the planet. The bonecutter also references the way Ash tried to remove the beast, with corrosive results.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
AVR Medical Center appears in Fallout 76.