In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
A Manhandled Manservant
A Manhandled Manservant
Argyle, when he was still alive.
Argyle has not been seen since he was separated from Herbert "Daring" Dashwood during their escape from Rockopolis. The retired adventurer refuses to believe his manservant died in that battle though, instead believing he is still out there somewhere. The player can talk to Herbert Dashwood at Tenpenny Tower, who will fill in the player on some of the background, and ask the player to tell him if he finds a sign of Argyle.
Upon visiting Rockopolis and finding Argyle's corpse, the player may return the news to Herbert Dashwood for a reward. This can be accomplished without previously speaking to him about Argyle. Dashwood, sad to hear of Argyle's demise (he always thought Argyle would outlast him by at least 100 years), tells the player that his days of adventuring are over and gives the player the key to his safe.
- You must talk to Herbert Dashwood about his manservant Argyle before you kill Roy Phillips and his ghouls in the Tenpenny Tower quest in order to start this quest. To do this, first talk to Roy Phillips about a possible peaceful negotiation, then bring the proposal to Allistair Tenpenny himself, then side with the ghouls when talking to Dashwood.
- If you kill the ghouls before Dashwood reminisces about his manservant Argyle, then the only options to obtain the contents of his safe are to kill him and take the key off his body or pickpocket the key from him while he's alive.
- If you let the ghouls into the tower they will kill all the humans there including Dashwood, and you will lose your opportunity to talk to him about his manservant or take the key off his body. If the human residents of the Tenpenny Tower are massacred by the ghouls, Dashwood will be found dead in the basement.
- While listening to the last episode of "The Adventures of Herbert Dashwood" on Galaxy News Radio Dashwood says "This could be the end of...". During this, they sound as if they're grunting or struggling. If you look above Argyle's body, there are boulders piled up over what would have been Argyle's exit.
- Even after receiving the key, taking any items from Dashwood's safe may be considered stealing, resulting in Dashwood taking the items back if he sees you use the safe. This can be avoided by waiting for him to leave the room, though it will still affect karma.