A New Dawn is a quest that can be obtained within the Commonwealth, in Fallout 4..
With the Institute crippled and removed as a threat, the Brotherhood of Steel now have complete control of the Commonwealth, all in thanks to the Sole Survivor. With this outstanding success, the Elder himself has a few words for his newest champion of steel.
- Report back to Elder Maxson back at the Prydwen, where he will award the Sole Survivor with the title of Sentinel, as well as a jet pack mod for their T-60 power armor.
- Reporting back to Lancer-Captain Kells, he will mention that the recon team stationed at the Cambridge police station are still in need of help.
- Proctor Ingram, now in charge of maintaining both the Prydwen and Liberty Prime, will task the Sole Survivor with obtaining coolant, and will continually award them with caps for every bottle brought in. Empty coolant containers naturally do not count towards this repeatable quest.
|0|| ||Debug start (does not appear in quest log)|
|10|| ||The Institute has been totally destroyed. Elder Maxson has ordered me back to the Prydwen for my final debriefing.|
|20|| ||Triggers script to send Maxson and Kells to the Command Deck (does not appear in quest log)|
|30|| ||Speak to Elder Maxson|
|40|| ||Elder Maxson initiates dialogue with the player (does not appear in quest log)|
|255||For my part in the destruction of the Institute, I've been promoted to Sentinel. My primary mission might be complete, but there's still plenty of work to do to ensure the total security of the Commonwealth.|
||Return to the Prydwen
||The Institute has been totally destroyed. Elder Maxson has ordered me back to the Prydwen for my final debriefing.
||Speak to Elder Maxson
||For my part in the destruction of the Institute, I've been promoted to Sentinel. My primary mission might be complete, but there's still plenty of work to do to ensure the total security of the Commonwealth.
- Upon obtaining the rank of Sentinel, the Sole Survivor will be granted absolute access to Proctor Teagan's inventory, which will now include a unique plasma rifle called the Sentinel's Plasmacaster, as well as a unique piece of power armor called Vengeance.
- The quest also acknowledges if the Sole Survivor was a member of the Brotherhood but completed The Nuclear Option with the Minutemen rather than the Brotherhood. Lancer Captain Kells has voiced dialogue  that comments on the Sole Survivor's decision to use the Minutemen to destroy the Institute, with the dialogue then continuing as normal with the same promotion and rewards. This can only be done by starting the quest through the console command setstage 00182eae 10 and is possibly cut content or not correctly implemented, as it does not appear to trigger in normal gameplay.
- ↑ Kells:"First and foremost, I wanted to inform you that using the Minutemen to destroy the Institute was a risky venture at best. Using untrained non-military personnel in the operation could have had devastating consequences and resulted in an unnecessary loss of life. In the future, Elder Maxson and I need you to approve any tactical changes before they're executed."
- ↑ Youtube clip of the dialogue