In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
A Nice Day for a Right Wedding
A Nice Day for a Right Wedding
Giving Angela ant queen pheromones and waiting a few days will result in Angela 'seducing' Diego, and him deciding the honorable thing to do is to leave the church and marry her. The pheromones can either be acquired from Cindy Cantelli in Rivet City Marketplace's A Quick Fix or by killing an ant queen, such as the one in the quest Those!. Alternatively, if you lie to Father Clifford and tell him that Diego is sleeping with Angela, he will expel Diego from the church, but there will not be a ceremony because of the lovers' sin.
After providing Angela with the ant pheromones, speak to Angela, Diego, Vera Weatherly, or Gary Staley after a few days. They will tell you that the wedding will take place in the Church of Saint Monica at 3:00 PM. Go there at 3:00 and they will perform the ceremony. To start the wedding simply take a seat and the church will fill up with many of Rivet City's named non-player characters. This may take some time.
After a successful wedding, you will receive positive karma and Angela and Diego will proceed to their own room. The room is down the hall from the church, the first room on the left. Before the wedding the room is empty, after the wedding there is a little furniture in the room together with a double-bed.
- It is possible to witness Angela's "seduction" of Diego. The following conversation seems to take place the first time the couple meet after giving her the pheromones — it has been observed both on the bench near the baseball diamond on the flight deck and as the couple return to the Mid-ship deck around 10:30.
Angela: I have something special for you, but I can only give it to you in private.
Diego: We’re not alone, so it’ll have to wait. Maybe later today.
Diego: Angela, I'm not sure you should spend so much time around me? I am to be married to God soon.
Angela: Wouldn't you rather be with a real girl? Maybe you should try it, before you decide.
Diego: Lord, give me strength.
Angela: Diego, do you think I’m sexy? I mean if you weren’t a priest and everything, would you be turned on by me?
Diego: Well, I... uh, that is... sure. You are incredibly sexy - not that I'd noticed. I am going to be a priest. And they don't, um... well, you know.
- The second two exchanges happen randomly as "chatter" between the two beforehand as well, and if overheard add the "Angela and Diego" note into your Pip-Boy. Also, sometimes (at least after giving Angela the pheromones), Diego responds to her "do you think I'm sexy" question by objecting that "we're not alone... maybe later today."
This seems to be the culmination of their affair, as after this they each go to bed in their own rooms (or alternately, Angela will eventually go to bed and Diego will, after waiting for hours outside her room, go for his morning walk on the flight deck). Either way, in next morning he breakfasts with Father Clifford at the Weatherly, where he apparently confesses the affair and gives the Father his resignation from the church.
- If you kill Father Clifford before the wedding (while he is in the church "preparing" for the ceremony) Angela and Diego will never show up.
Behind the scenes
- The title of this quest is a reference to the song "White Wedding" by Billy Idol.
- Diego might not appear at the wedding but it will continue on as if he were there shortly after Father Clifford asks him if he takes Angela as his wife.
- The marriage might be bugged occasionally causing Angela, Diego, and Father Clifford to be stuck in the church and will not move unless one of them is killed.
- Sometimes when choosing the path of lying to Father Clifford about Diego, both lovers will talk about getting married but never invite you to the actual ceremony, which never takes place.
- All people will be in attendance, but nothing will happen. No dialogue takes place and the wedding is not completed. At 6, when the wedding was supposed to be over, everybody gets up and acts as if nothing happened. They resume their normal dialogue as if they were meeting each other in the hall. The next day the same thing happens. Everybody gathers but the wedding is not completed properly, and it repeats every day to no avail. Disabling then enabling Father Clifford using the console commands will cause Father Clifford to begin the wedding dialogue.
- Similar to the bug above, if everybody at the wedding is not doing anything but sitting down or standing, one way to get rid of it is to punch one of the children (not shoot) and then start to run out of Rivet City to somewhere else but there. After a few days past by if you go visit everything will be back to normal with Angela and Diego married.
- If you kill Diego, Angela will talk as though he's there.
- Sometimes if you talk to Angela before starting the unmarked quest, she will continue to talk about the ant pheromones but even if you have them she will not take them.
- When encountering a bug preventing Father Clifford from starting the ceremony, using the console, targeting him, and typing "Say RCPriest" will correct the problem. Furthermore, if the marriage invitation never occurs, this can also be a fix of sorts; though you won't see the wedding, it'll allow the game to believe it has occurred, correcting the dialogs of the two lovers afterwards, and enabling anything relying on the marriage as trigger to happen normally.
- Occasionally Father Clifford will go to the front end of the church and stand in place at 3:00, but no one will show up. Not Angela, Diego, nor any guests. After several hours, Father Clifford just leaves.