Aba Daba Honeymoon is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
The Great Khans need some help running their drugs around the Mojave and enlist the help of the Courier.
- Travel to the Red Rock drug lab and speak with Diane about helping out.
- (Optional) Teach Jack new chem formulas.
- With a Science check of 50, Jack can be taught how to make Party Time Mentats, Rocket, and Slasher.
- With a Speech check of 66 with Jack, or a Barter check of 50 with Diane, one can convince him to cook up Super Stimpaks with a Science of 50 as well as Hydra with a Survival of 75.
- Travel to Cottonwood Cove to find Anders, a missing runner; either cut him down from his crucifix or kill him, then return to Diane.
- Travel to the Crimson Caravan Company and enter the main office. Talk to Don Hostetler, give him the mildly suspicious package and return to Diane.
- Travel to Vault 3 wearing the Great Khan simple armor that Diane gave you to not be attacked by Fiends. A Speech check of 65 will allow entrance as well. Find Motor-Runner and give him the highly suspicious package, then return to Diane.
- If Motor-Runner is killed before this quest is received, it will automatically fail.
- If you kill all the Fiends in Vault 3 before you see Motor Runner, he will not attack you when you go in his room, even if he appears as a red dot on radar. He will initiate dialogue and you can complete dialogue with him.
- If Don Hostetler's wife is dead, then the Courier cannot deliver the mildly suspicious package to him for Diane. Rather than starting dialog, he will merely threaten the Courier.
- It is impossible to complete the quest (and therefore learn the Khan trick) without passing a Science check of 50.
- Diane won't hand out the Great Khan simple armor to the Courier, if he already has any Great Khan armor in the inventory.
|1|| ||Find Jack and Diane's missing drug runner.|
|2|| ||Teach Jack new chem recipes.|
|3|| ||Return to Diane and tell her about Anders.|
|4|| ||Deliver drugs to Don Hostetler at the Crimson Caravan Company.|
|5|| ||Deliver drugs to Motor-Runner.|
|6||Return to Diane for your payment.|
Behind the scenes
The title of the quest is a cultural reference to the song "Aba Daba Honeymoon", written and published by Arthur Fields and Walter Donovan and recorded by Debbie Reynolds.
If you talk to Jack first, you can immediately teach him the recipes, but this will result in the quest becoming stuck.
If the quest Still in The Dark was completed and you just went on a rampage in Vault 3 and left, then attempted this quest the radar indicates Jack is hostile but you can still talk to him as if he isn't. The dialogue received is "I was just leaving now" and the mission ends.
- Motor-Runner in conversation and then leave, returning when attempting the quest results in Motor-Runner having no dialog options to complete the quest. Killing Motor-Runner will remove the mildly suspicious package from your inventory.
If you enter Vault 3 without having started Aba Daba Honeymoon, kill all the Fiends, engage
- Still in the Dark and you have already came and got the reverse pulse cleaner from Vault 3 without making the Fiends or Motor-Runner enemies, Motor-Runner will give only normal Fiend greetings instead of the greeting for the package.
If you have started
Starting this quest after starting the unmarked quest to kill Motor-Runner makes it impossible to complete. No dialogue is possible with Motor-Runner after getting the note to kill him from Hsu, making it impossible to sell the suspicious package. You must do this quest first before ever talking to Hsu. If you enter the vault before starting Aba Daba Honeymoon, do not pass the speech check, and exit the vault, the Fiend by the vault entrance will not engage in dialog with you, even if you are wearing Great Khan faction armor. This will make it impossible for the Fiend by the vault entrance to tell the other Fiends to not attack you, and you will have to fight your way to Motor-Runner.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|