We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker
Cleanup: Generic Terminals
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
|This page is about the Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel Bunker. For the Brotherhood of Steel safehouse, see Brotherhood of Steel safehouse.|
Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker
Bunker 13 (simply referred to as the Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel Bunker in-game), is a reinforced subterranean installation that was used by the Mojave Wasteland chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel during their war with the New California Republic (NCR) and the starting point for the add-on Dead Money. It is located slightly south-east of Camp Forlorn Hope.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
Standing on the metal grate to enter the bunker, directly to the east-south-east, is a hollowed-out rock containing random loot. If Dead Money is not installed, the grate will always be locked and un-pickable, and the key to it doesn't exist in the game. However, If one does not have Xbox Live, The entrance will be open.
Interior[edit | edit source]
The bunker interior is simple - the entrance contains a set of stairs leading to a main corridor from which two rooms can be accessed. There are several Sierra Madre Casino posters on the wall, and the graffiti at the entrance reads "Gone to Sierra Madre" and "I left my ♥ in Sierra Madre." There is a headless male corpse with some minor loot in the first room. This corpse is an immovable container, not a body, so although it appears to wear a Dead Money jumpsuit, one cannot be taken from it. As you descend the stairs, the phrase "Sierra Madre ↓" is written on the overhang.
The room to your left after you descend the stairs is locked. Once you have unlocked the door, you will find a Sierra Madre vending machine, both a reloading and work bench, numerous crafting items (notably scrap metal, scrap electronics, and sensor modules), copious amounts of Scotch, Elijah's chemistry set (which offers a Jar of cloud residue every 24 hours), a laser rifle, a combat knife, a T-45d power helmet, and a Dean's Electronics skill book. You may clean the loot out of the room before going to the Sierra Madre, but the footlocker at the base of the bed (containing Father Elijah's robes) and the terminal on the desk cannot be accessed until after you have returned. Along one of the walls, someone has scribbled a series of mathematical formulas on a large blackboard.
A "drop box" (smaller version of a wall safe) can be found across from the wall-mounted terminal just outside the room. Everytime upon entering the bunker again after being away for 3 days or so, there will be Sierra Madre chips and a Complimentary voucher inside the drop box. If the player won 7,500 chips in the Sierra Madre Casino, the voucher will be exchangeable for 1000 chips at the Sierra Madre vending machine. How long you have been away will account for how many chips and vouchers you'll find in the drop box.
The room ahead consists of several bunk beds attached to the walls on both the left and right hand side, underneath each bed is a footlocker. Situated in the middle of the room is a table adorned with an active old fashion radio.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- A Dean's Electronics on the shelf immediately to your right in the room with the vending machine.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once you've completed Dead Money, you'll find 100 Sierra Madre Chips and a Complimentary Voucher, worth 1000 free chips, inside the drop box. An additional 100 chips and another voucher will be automatically deposited into the drop box every three days. There is also a Sierra Madre vending machine in Elijah's room, which dispenses items the player has gotten the codes for, such as stimpaks, doctor's bag, weapon repair kit's and other items. Items such as cartons of cigarettes can also be exchanged for additional chips.
- The terminal on the wall will become unusable after the completion of the add-on.
- It appears that storage in the Bunker does not reset, thus making the bunker an ideal location for player living, with ample storage, a reloading bench, a workbench, quick access via fast travel, and unlimited access to Sierra Madre Chips and the Vending machine. There is, however, no water, if playing in hardcore.
- It is worth noting that all equipment with the exception of quest items will be taken away, and returned upon completion of the add-on.
- Before the cinematic where the player character falls unconscious, if you are fast enough to change it from 1st person view to 3rd person view and see that there's actually a metallic door under the bunker used to take you to, and return you from Dead Money.
- The first door (the one you open to get to the DLC) will sound like a manhole opening and closing whenever you open or close the door.
- As you are walking down the stairs to start the DLC, there is graffiti that says "Seera Madre" instead of "Sierra Madre". It was presumably written by Dog, to aid in luring victims to the gas trap.
- When looking at the local map in bunker it shows Villa entrance. This is because there is a door leading to the villa directly under the bunker.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Mojave Wasteland (thus becoming a prison), even after completing Dead Money. The solution to this is removing the system cache from your hard drive then starting up the game. Once it gives you the choice to update, click cancel and continue on from there. Load up your saved game and you will be able to exit the bunker back to the Mojave Wasteland. Once you re-update you will not be able to enter since a key is still required, hence you will permanently be locked out. The bunker's exit hatch may say that you need a key to exit back to the
- (may be due to lasted update) everything in the abandoned BoS bunker or any items from Dead Money are no where to be found, including stationary objects found like the old fashioned radio, Elijah's bed/vending machine, or obtained items like the automatic rifle and police pistol. This was caused by the localization of DLC, as a person in Canada Needs French/English Canadian version, and with the pre-order DLC packs, the French version is required.
- When the DLC is not installed, companions will sometimes fall out of the game upon entering the bunker (Confirmed Veronica).
Gallery[edit | edit source]