Abilene Kid LE BB gun
|DPS (reload)||5.9 (11.8)|
|Crit Dmg||70||Crit % Mult||x1.5|
|Effect||Bonus critical damage|
Bonus critical chance
|Ammo Cap.||100||Reload Time||3.3 (2.5)|
The Abilene Kid LE BB gun is a unique weapon in Fallout: New Vegas.
The Raider brand BB gun is a small lever-action air rifle. The only thing this toy is practical for is killing radroaches.
A limited edition BB gun in which only 200 were produced.
The Abilene Kid LE BB gun is a unique variant of the standard BB gun, on both sides of the weapon's stock is the inscription "Abilene Kid ~Limited Edition~ 1 of 200.". Although it shows no obvious significant differences to the standard version when examined in the player's Pip-Boy, it has a dramatically higher critical damage bonus, boasting an astounding 70 points of added damage for a critical hit. With the Better Criticals perk a critical hit from the Abilene Kid LE BB gun is on par with one from a sniper rifle, doing 109 damage total compared to the sniper rifle's 113.
Due to its relatively low critical chance multiplier the Abilene Kid LE BB gun cannot be relied upon to be effective in normal combat without additional critical chance modifiers, such as the Finesse perk or True Police Stories skill magazine. It can be considered more useful for stealth-based players who can rely on achieving sneak attack criticals regularly, further enhanced by the fact that the weapon is classified as silent.
Like the standard BB gun, the Abilene Kid LE BB gun has a comparatively (to other rifle weapons) high spread, which makes the weapon somewhat impractical to use for anything beyond mid-range attacks.
The Abilene Kid LE BB gun can fire a total of 495 BBs from full condition before breaking.
||Lever-action air rifle
|Abilene Kid LE BB gun
||Lever-action air rifle
- It can be found in Fields' Shack, south-west of Nellis Air Force Base. The shack is right next to the main road leading in to the base. The gun is sitting on one of the shelves on the left wall.
- If you have the Wild Wasteland trait, the gun will instead be located inside a well that appears in front of the shack. The well appears after talking to Rex upon him saying "aroo" and asking him if someone fell down a well. Doing this will cause you to receive a map marker denoting the location of Jimmy's Well.
- If you got the gun from Fields' shack and then use the Auto-Doc in The Sink (Old World Blues only) to get the Wild Wasteland trait, you can receive another BB gun at Jimmy's well. Similarly, removing the Wild Wasteland trait at the Auto-Doc will cause another copy of the gun to appear in Fields' shack, even if it was previously obtained in Jimmy's well.
Behind the scenes
- The Abilene Kid LE BB gun is a throwback to the Red Ryder LE BB gun.
- The "Abilene Kid" was the youngest lead role in the 1948 movie "3 Godfathers", William Kearney, played by Harry Carey Jr.
Sometimes the gun will drop through the floor of the shack, or just simply isn't there, rendering it unobtainable in some cases.
- It is possible that when you pick up the gun it will not appear on your menu. You can sell it, but you cannot use it in combat. To fix this (if you obtained it from Jimmy's Well) is to enter the well again. The gun will reappear in your inventory. Simply drop it and pick it up again, and it should appear in your inventory when you leave the well.
Player character's finger blocks the iron sights if player character is male, but not if player is female.
Sneak attacks with the Abilene Kid LE BB gun will not inflict critical damage unless that attack is a head shot. This tends to happen more often if the target has more DT than the base damage of the weapon. (Tested at Mojave Outpost) Perform a sneak attack critical on any companion (preferably their head) and knock them unconscious (Hardcore Mode must be off) as soon as they revive do this again and the physics glitch activates hurtling the companion up into the sky and practically out of visual range, they will land nearby. When this was tested on ED-E however, after his landing and revival his attenae were 'broken' hovering over him in different positions. It may be necessary to reload a save in order to fix his appearance.
Stock of Abilene Kid LE BB gun.
- ↑ In-game texture of the Abilene Kid LE BB Gun stock in Fallout: New Vegas. 
- ↑ Formspring