Ablutions is a side quest in the Fallout 4 add-on Far Harbor.
Sister Mai is working on restoring the decontamination arches at the Nucleus entrance to act as a tool for ablutions: Spraying the faithful with heavily irradiated water and bring them the Glow. However, she's missing a pump regulator to make it work...
- Head to the Vim! Pop factory. Enter the factory proper, killing mutants as you go.
- Find the pump regulator on a table in the upper office overlooking the mixing vats in the southern hall.
- Return to Sister Mai. She will request that you install it.
- Optional: With persuasion, convince Mai to pay you, starting at 150 caps and going up to 350.
- Head down to the bay. The decontamination pump is by the sub's tail, at the bottom.
- Install the pump regulator. With Intelligence 7 or more, you can remove Mai's alterations, hide them, and repair the decontamination arches completely, allowing you to have a free source of decontamination.
- Return upstairs and press the button to complete the quest.
||Recover the Pump Regulator
||Sister Mai asked me to recover an industrial-strength pump regulator from the Vim! Pop factory. The place is apparently crawling with Super Mutants, so I'll need to be cautious.
||Return the Regulator to Sister Mai
||I found the pump Sister Mai requested. Now to head back and claim my reward.
||Install the Regulator
||Mai said I should be the one to do the honors of adding the final piece to decontamination system in the bottom of the bay. I suspect she just doesn't want to walk through all that... filth.
||Test the Decontamination System
||I repaired the decontamination arches in the Nucleus like Mai asked, but I also undid Mai's bypass to the decon system. Now to test that it worked.
||The decontamination arches in the Nucleus are up and running again. And with my fix, I can use them any time I need to rid myself of some rads.