Abraxo cleaner (Fallout 3)
Abraxo is a powdered abrasive and cleanser, likely alkali and most assuredly caustic and poisonous when ingested. It is still an effective cleanser, being useful for washing out super mutant blood, but in the wrong hands, it can be made into explosives and narcotics, like Ultrajet.
- Abraxo cleaner is commonly found in the kitchens of abandoned house and buildings.
- The Takoma Industrial plant contains a total of 81 boxes of Abraxo cleaner, more than any other location. It appears to have been manufactured or at least packaged here before the Great War.
- Around a dozen can also be found in Old Olney Underground.
Behind the scenes
Abraxo cleaner is a reference to the real-life scouring powder called "Boraxo".
A Fallout 3 loading screen
- The Courier: "This sonic gun looks like an energy projectile. Got anything that spits lead?"
Klein: "[SUCCEEDED] WHAT DID IT SAY? SPIT "LEAD?" WHAT, LIKE PENCILS?"
0: "*O... I think it wants a combustion pistol.*"
Borous: "-A GUN! Are you MAD?! We can't give it a GUN! GUNS kill, leave big open holes in you that are like sores but WORSE.-"
Dala: "Dr. 8 is correct. We already have given the teddy bear a lethal sonic death ray filled with his sonic ejaculate and sterilized by my soft WooWOOing. Giving the teddy bear a gun would be the equivalent of following a glass of hemlock with an Abraxo chaser. Delicious and redundantly deadly."
(Klein's, Dala's, Borous, 0's, and 8's dialogue)
- The Lone Wanderer: " Care to share anything about the Super Mutants?"
Artemis: "You know how many Uglies I've killed? More than all of Lyons' Pride combined, that's how many. All it takes is a loaded weapon and the will to use it. Oh, and a good way to get Ugly blood out of your armor. Little bit of Abraxo and some water -- works like a charm."
- Patriot's Cookbook cover
- The Lone Wanderer: "Yeah sure, what do you need?"
Murphy: "It takes 3 things to make Ultrajet. Two of the ingredients I got plenty of. The other one is a little harder to find: Sugar Bombs. I distill it down to its base contents and add that to the formula then presto... Ultrajet. For every box of Sugar Bombs you bring me, I'll pay you 15 caps. So you in?"
The Lone Wanderer: "Nothing's free in this world, Murphy."
Murphy: "Yeah, no kidding. I didn't think you were a freakin' charity. It takes 3 things to make Ultrajet. Two of the ingredients I got plenty of. The other one is a little harder to find: Sugar Bombs."
(Murphy's dialogue (Fallout 3)) Note: Murphy explains that he is in need of Sugar Bombs, but has plenty of the other two ingredients, which are Jet and Abraxo cleaner, judging by the high amounts within Murphy's lab.