Background[edit | edit source]
The ancient astronomical observatory located on Cadillac Mountain had lain dormant for over a century since the Great War, until it was claimed by DiMA and Faraday as the site of their new synth colony. Clearing out the debris and junk of a century of decay, the observatory soon became a safe haven for synths brought in from the Commonwealth. By 2287, it contains comfortable quarters for all liberated synths and a massive mainframe in the observatory dome, filled with humming computers that provide DiMA with additional storage and processing power.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Acadia is divided into three distinct levels. The entry level contains the dome and control center, where DiMA and Faraday usually reside. The level below contains the farm, infirmary, and main living quarters (together with crafting machines). The bottom level is used primarily for workshops and storage.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Loot[edit | edit source]
- Islander's Almanac: On the counter near the crafting machines.
- Three mini nukes in the Master-locked laboratory storeroom on the bottom level.
- The storage room notice is posted next to the door of the storage room.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Concept art[edit | edit source]
- Far Harbor loading screen hints: "Acadia is built out the remains of an astronomical observatory."
- Far Harbor loading screen hints: "The settlement of Acadia was founded as a refuge for freed synths who wish to live among their own kind."
- Far Harbor loading screen hints: "Although it is primarily a refuge for synths, Acadia outwardly expresses a desire for peace with all the other residents of the island."
- Far Harbor loading screen hints: "Some of the synth refugees in Acadia are Institute escapees who refused to get their memories wiped by the Railroad. Others underwent the process, but the memory wipe didn't take... or started to unravel."