It can be stolen from The Lonesome Drifter, although it cannot be used as a weapon and is only worth 50 caps.
- It can be found initially next to the The Lonesome Drifter beneath a Sunset Sarsaparilla billboard at El Dorado Dry Lake, leaning up against the tree stump he is sitting on. It can be stolen, though he will take it back if he catches you.
- The player may acquire a second one if he steals the first one then pickpockets the drifter after completing his portion of the Talent Pool quest for the second guitar.
- (Dead Money) - On the second floor of the building at the top of the stairs directly across from the Police Station in the Sierra Madre Villa.
- When stolen from the The Lonesome Drifter, dropping it and picking it up again will result in karma loss. After dropping it again, it will be owned by the Courier. Sometimes this doesn't work, if this happens you can sell to a non-player character then buy it back to achieve the same result.
- Writing can be seen scrawled on the bottom of the front side of the guitar. A lot of it is hard to read, but one of the writings say "Anne" with a heart next to it.
- This item can some times disappear when it is dropped from inventory if the ownership is not set to the player. This bug can be fix by selling the guitar and re-buying it from any merchant, this will give to the player the true ownership.
Acoustic guitar in Dead Money