My friends... did not survive the attack. Thank you for assisting. I was certain to meet my end here as well.”— Ada, Automatron
A heavily customized Assaultron model, Ada was the personal robot of Jackson and extensively upgraded with weapons and detection systems. Ambushed by the Mechanist's rogue robots on their way out of the Commonwealth, it is the only survivor of the attack - and even then, only due to the Sole Survivor's intervention. The loss of her family weighs heavily on the synthetic heart humming within the armored shell, sadness and regret registering in the neural pathways, of her programmed personality.
Its objective, once saved, is to find the Mechanist and learn what made him attack... And deal with the menace. The modifications for long distance travel make Ada quite adequate for the purpose. Her one wish is that he'd have installed medical training to allow her to lend aid (although her extremities are less than optimal for the purpose).
Interactions with the player character
- Every X amount of time, Ada will gather random junk, such as a coffee pot, baseball, etc., which she will provide automatically when the player talks with her.
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a permanent party member.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Drops on death
Ada's starting configuration consists of:
- Assaultron Head
- Assaultron Torso
- Assaultron Left Arm
- Sentry Bot Right Arm
- Protectron Legs (Unarmored)
- The Sole Survivor: "Are you ok?"
Ada: "I am heavily modified, but at my core, I am an Assaultron."
- The Sole Survivor: "I'm sorry for your loss."
Ada: "My name is Ada. This was the third time we'd been attacked by robots like these. Even with the weapon and detection upgrades Jackson gave me, I was unable to defend them."
- The Sole Survivor: "Tell me about these robots."
Ada: "They roam the Commonwealth and claim to be restoring order. We've seen them fighting Raiders, but they've also attacked innocents. Settlers, merchants... and caravans like ours. We knew we ran the risk of encountering more of these hostile robots if we stayed in the Commonwealth. If only we had made the decision to leave."
- Ada: "My friends... did not survive the attack. Thank you for assisting. I was certain to meet my end here as well."
- The Sole Survivor: "Are you ok?"
Ada: "Physically, the damage is minor, but I am registering sadness and anger at the loss of my friends. It may sound strange coming from a robot, but they were my... family. Again, I thank you for your efforts. I know they would have thanked you as well."
- The Sole Survivor: "Your personality mode? What do you mean?"
Ada: "Most robots have a personality mode select available to them for their creator to utilize. Turn it on, and we're designed to talk and act more like a human. Turn it off, and we're no better than a mindless automaton. Jackson said he didn't think of me as a servitor robot... he treated me more like a friend. So he permanently set my personality mode to "on." He said I should never lose my identity. I suppose I'm starting to think he was wrong."
- The Sole Survivor: "That's kind of you to say."
Ada: "Ever since I let my friends die in that caravan, I feel like I've been failing in my duties. I chose the route we took the day we were attacked. Perhaps if I had selected an alternate route, they'd still be alive. Sometimes I wish that Jackson had programmed me with my personality mode set permanently to disabled so I wouldn't feel so upset."
- Ada: "Jackson ensured I was well-built for travel. His modifications will be adequate for quite some time."
- Ada: "I wish Jackson had uploaded medical training within my database, although my extremities aren't well suited for caregiving."