Advanced riot gear
|For an overview of combat armor variants throughout the Fallout series, see combat armor.|
Advanced riot gear
Background[edit | edit source]
Advanced riot gear is an upgraded version of third generation combat armor. These particular units were issued to the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment, whom were charged with riot control operations in Hopeville and Ashton.
After the Great War when the NCR began to annex the prosperous community of the Divide, they found this armor and used them for their Veteran Rangers in the Divide, acting as riot control officers in the city. With the destruction of the Divide, the armor was lost and the NCR riot control officers died during the event.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Also on the helmet is a "=100=", specifically it is on the left side.
Gameplay attributes[edit | edit source]
The advanced riot gear provides slightly more Damage Threshold than the commonplace riot gear, but weighs five pounds less. It additionally has better durability, on par with the NCR Ranger combat armor. Its effect "Riot Response" grants addition bonuses of +10 Explosives and +1 Endurance.
The helmet gives the effect "Red Vision", which gives the player low visibility sight while in sneak mode between 6:00PM to 6:00AM or while indoors. This will toggle from on to off once you exit sneak mode. The helmet also grants a +2 bonus to Perception.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- NCR Ranger combat armor: the Black Armor given to the NCR's elite Rangers.
- Desert Ranger combat armor , the armor of the Desert Rangers before they merged with the New California Republic Rangers.
- Riot gear: an advanced version of the L.A.P.D. riot armor and the military helmet used by the pre-War riot control officers in Hopeville and Ashton.
- Elite riot gear: a unique armor which was used by an important NCR riot control officer in the Divide.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|NCR Ranger combat armor||20||30||600||7500||NCR Disguise|
|Desert Ranger combat armor||22||30||600||8000||-|
|Riot gear||20||30||500||7994||+5 Guns|
|Advanced riot gear||21||25||600||8494||+10 Explosives|
|Elite riot gear||22||23||750||12500||+10 Guns|
+5 Critical chance
Locations[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Possibly an oversight, all riot gear helmets and their variants are classified as heavy armor.
- Playing caravan while the sneak sight is activated may make it difficult to see the cards.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- You can still wear additional headwear with this helmet. This is due to all variants of riot helmets being flagged specifically as "hair".
- After detonating the warhead from a distance, the dead body of the ranger wearing may disappear and only way to obtain it through console command (PC only).
- It is possible for the armor to fall off its original ledge, making it impossible to attain.
- riot gear the shoulder part of the duster might change its color permanently to red. Like with the
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Post-War NCR riot control of the Divide
The dead NCR riot control wearing the ARG at the Crow's Nest