Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Drink until she's pretty! Ha ha ha ha! Sorry... Ghoul joke. I guess you wouldn't get it.”— Ahzrukhal, Fallout 3.
Ahzrukhal is the bartender who runs The Ninth Circle in Underworld in Fallout 3.
Background[edit | edit source]
Although well-mannered and a natty dresser, Ahzrukhal is sneaky and sleazy, and is adept at feeding peoples' misery. He dismisses others' morality and substitutes his own, rationalizing Charon's perpetual servitude to Ahzrukal as Charon's own error. In Ahzrukhal's opinion, the more miserable the patrons of his establishment are, and the more they drink, the more money ends up in his pocket.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: yes|
Sells: alcohol, some chems
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Agatha's Song: The player can sell the Soil Stradivarius to him for 200 caps (300 after a Speech check).
- Hired Help: The player can buy out or otherwise acquire Charon's contract.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- The player can convince Ahzrukhal to sell him hard drugs, adding them to his shop inventory. These include Buffout, Jet, and Psycho.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Dirty pre-War businesswear|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- He has a unique voice that no other male ghoul has, it is much more gravelly and deep, and somewhat more refined both in accent and diction.
- If you attempt to speak to him with your gun not holstered, he will threaten you with Charon.
- If you turn off the radio at the bar, Ahzrukhal will shout at you and turn it back on. If you do it enough he will attack you.
- Hacking Ahzrukhal's computer will reveal some of his misdeeds, including planning to steal medicine from Doc Barrows to sell at his bar.
- Killing him will make Underworld hostile, but Charon will talk as if he is still alive.
- Ahzrukhal is a fairly good seller of chems and alcohol, but obtaining Charon's contract will lead to Charon killing Ahzrukhal, so if you already have a follower or aren't fully interested in one, it may be a bad idea to obtain Charon's contract.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Ghoul, human...I don't care. The caps all spend the same"
- "Your misery, my wealth"
- "Don't you look absolutely...miserable. Pull up a stool and lay down a few caps, and tell Uncle Ahzrukhal all about it"
- "Pretty much, I point at something and Charon hurts it. He's the best thug a corrupt bartender could ever ask for. He never bothers me with his own annoying sense of morality"
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Ahzrukhal appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.59: "Ahzrukhal
Although well-mannered and a natty dresser, Ahzrukhal (the proprietor of the Ninth Circle Bar) is sneaky and sleazy, and is adept at feeding peoples' misery. In Ahzrukhal's narrow view of the world, the more miserable you are, the more you drink, and the more you drink, the more money ends up in his pocket. He hates competition, and wishes he could rid himself of Carol and Greta."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)