In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Alerio is an informant frumentarius for Caesar's Legion.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
- Render Unto Caesar: If Vulpes Inculta is killed before the Courier reaches the Strip, Alerio will invite the Courier to meet Caesar himself.
|Dapper gambler suit|
Dapper gambler hat
Drops on death
- Attempts to interact with him after he delivers his message will be in vain, he will not engage you in dialogue any further.
- He can be killed in the street on The Strip without inciting a reaction from nearby non-player characters or Securitrons, although it will cause you to gain infamy with the Legion. Even if you move to a spot where you are hidden and sneak attack him with a sniper rifle or other weapon that can kill him in one hit, you will still receive infamy with the Legion. (but can still loot the Dapper Gambler Suit from his corpse)
Alerio appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- "Alerio" is a Latin word meaning "of or relating to gambling."
Long after inviting you to meet with Caesar, he may appear, run up to the Courier, and initiate dialogue saying only "What do you need?" while your only option will be to end the conversation. This can even occur inside private hotel suites. (This can happen if you never met Caesar, or even if you have already killed Caesar).
- When this occurs, Alerio may become permanently stationary at the Lucky 38 Hotel's entrance.
- If you kill him when this occurs, he may respawn after a random amount of time.