Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Alerio is an informant frumentarius for Caesar's Legion.
Background[edit | edit source]
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character starts quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Render Unto Caesar: If Vulpes Inculta is killed before the Courier reaches the Strip, Alerio will invite the Courier to meet Caesar himself.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Dapper gambler suit|
Dapper gambler hat
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Attempts to interact with him after he delivers his message will be in vain, he will not engage you in dialogue any further.
- He can be killed in the street on The Strip without inciting a reaction from nearby non-player characters or Securitrons, although it will cause you to gain infamy with the Legion. Even if you move to a spot where you are hidden and sneak attack him with a sniper rifle or other weapon that can kill him in one hit, you will still receive infamy with the Legion. (but can still loot the Dapper Gambler Suit from his corpse)
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Alerio appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "Alerio" is a Latin word meaning "of or relating to gambling."
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Long after inviting you to meet with Caesar, he may appear, run up to the Courier, and initiate dialogue saying only "What do you need?" while your only option will be to end the conversation. This can even occur inside private hotel suites. (This can happen if you never met Caesar, or even if you have already killed Caesar).
- When this occurs, Alerio may become permanently stationary at the Lucky 38 Hotel's entrance.
- If you kill him when this occurs, he may respawn after a random amount of time.