|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Background[edit | edit source]
An attractive woman in her late 20s, with dirty blonde hair tied back in a pony-tail. Usually wears worn denim jeans, a t-shirt, cowboy hat, and a duster. She'd look more attractive if it weren't for the perpetually icy look in her gray eyes. She's not an ice queen, though; it's just the tough mask she wears to keep trouble away – especially the male kind.
Alexandra was raised a Mormon in New Canaan, the youngest daughter of a skilled physician. Unlike her seven brothers and sisters, Alexandra was always a bad seed, so it was no surprise to anyone when she left home at age 16 after a particularly vicious argument with her parents. She hooked up with a caravan bound for Hoover Dam. The only things she took with her were the clothes on her back and the medical knowledge she picked up from reading her father's books.
Though Alexandra started out as a doctor for caravans, she's branched out into other professions as well, like caravan guard and bounty hunter. She feels that a well-rounded person is a prosperous person. Now 28, she feels like she's doing fairly well for herself.
Alexandra became a cynic early on in life. She saw no reason for herself or her family to suffer just so total strangers could be taken care of, especially since such strangers might decide to take advantage of the Mormons' charity. Her belief was justified when she heard the news that New Canaan had been overrun and destroyed by desperate refugees. Her self-satisfaction was dimmed somewhat by the fact that none of her family had survived the looting and slaughter.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a permanent party member.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Resolve the Alexandra-Blackjack situation - Blackjack is barricaded, hiding out from Alexandra. He doesn't want to have to kill her, but he doesn't want to shot either. As he claims to have a minigun, which is actually just a bundle of sticks and pipes painted black with charcoal, and hopes Alexandra will eventually give up and go away. She's hoping she can starve him out, but with his super mutant endurance, that doesn't seem too likely.
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
When the the Prisoner encounters her, Alexandra will have cornered the super mutant Blackjack in a cave near Mesa Verde. Caesar's Legion has put out a hefty bounty on live super mutants, and when Alexandra spotted Blackjack traveling alone, it was too good an opportunity to pass up.
Alexandra can become a companion, if the player;
- Helps Alexandra capture Blackjack. She'll then drop him off at Caesar's Legion in Denver, then meet up with the player at Fort Abandon to split the bounty with him. At that time, she'll mention that she's got no other obligations and that it might be profitable if she and the player partner up.
- Persuade her that if she joins up with you, she'll be finding a lot more riches and loot. She may agree, but she'll still suggest capturing Blackjack simply because he's good money.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
Alexandra can tell the player what to expect in New Canaan, though she'll admit her info may be a little outdated since she stays on the outskirts of town when she visits. If she goes go into Mormon territory with the player, she'll be uncomfortable, almost as if she's afraid someone will recognize her and start screaming "Sinner!" at her.
- Note: The above interaction would have been cut in the final release of the game. New Canaan design documents wear merged into the Jericho design and New Canaan was cut due to time constraints
When entering Jericho, Alexandra will inform the player that New Canaan once stood where Jericho now stands. She'll be reluctant to help destroy the Hands of Gods once she learns who they really are, despite the fact that she has renounced her religion.
Although she's a doctor, she's not a particularly compassionate one. She won't go out of her way to cure the sick, and she'll certainly not do it for free – medical supplies are expensive and often hard to come by. Furthermore, Alexandra can't stand it when healthy people beg for help. The way she sees it, as long as most parts of you are working, you can damn well fix your own problems. This may lead to situations where she makes a rude comment or two when an non-player character is pleading for the player's help.
Alexandra has no agendas or goals, other than to survive. One final note: Never, ever call her "Doc".
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|.45 revolver, .223 hunting rifle, knife|
|First aid kit, Doctor's bag, .45 caliber (12), .223 caliber (10)|
Drops on death
|No additional items|
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Alexandra - Mesa Verde CNPC design document. 
- Van Buren Mesa Verde design document - 14. Resolve the Alexandra-Blackjack situation. 
- Van Buren Mesa Verde design document - Canyon Map. 
- Van Buren Mesa Verde design document - Blackjack. 
- Van Buren Mesa Verde design document - Companions! 
- Van Buren Jericho design document - NPC Companion Uses.