Alien power cell (Fallout 3)
|For an overview of alien power cell ammunition types in varios Fallout games, see alien power cell.|
Alien power cell
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The alien power cell is a luminescent blue cartridge that aliens use as ammunition for their weapons.
Weapons using this ammunition[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
A maximum of 1152 alien power cells can be found in all expansions, without glitches.
Base game[edit | edit source]
A maximum of 362 alien power cells can be found in the core game.
- 24 can be found together with the Firelance in the random encounter "Unidentified Flying Debris".
- 120 (10 stacks of 12 cells) can be found in and around the alien crash site.
- 96 (8 stacks of 12 cells) can be found under an overturned truck in a radioactive crater due east of Fort Bannister. When you see bombed out buildings you may want to adjust your heading a little to the north so as to come right into it. There may be some Enclave at the site and an Enclave scientist at the truck checking it out (Note: You will only suffer minor radiation, approximately 1 Rad/sec).
- 2-22 without the Scrounger perk (17 on average), or 2-122 with the perk (92 on average), can be found in two ammunition boxes in Fort Independence, in the Outcast weapons room (hard locked door) where you find the Miss Launcher. The method by which the outcome is determined (rolling for 1s at a 75% chance, 10 and/or 50 times) pretty much guarantees that the results will be on the high side (i.e., near 75% of 10 or 50). See Talk, for more info.
Broken Steel add on[edit | edit source]
A maximum of 425 more can be found in Broken Steel.
- In Broken Steel during the Shock Value quest, they can be found in two separate locations within Olney Powerworks. In the room with the automated turrets and walls of computers, just above the turrets there are two ammunition boxes each with an average of 40 to 45 (Scrounger-affected esteem). Near the Tesla coil, in the room at the bottom of the coil's pit, there are 36 (3x12) power cells on the stove and table.
- A nice amount can be found in the Armory of the Mobile Enclave Crawler at Adams Air Force Base along with an alien blaster: from 10 to 12 are inside the alien blaster case in the armory (this particular stash is NOT affected by the Scrounger perk). Plus, inside the 3 average-locked ammunition boxes just below the blaster's, you will find an average of 46 cells each, pretty much like the containers in Fort Independence's storage room, assuming that you have the Scrounger perk; otherwise, you will not get more than 30-36.
- If you destroy the Citadel during the "Who Dares Wins" quest, 72 (6 clips of 12) can be found in the armory in a room with mini nukes and Tesla cannons.
Mothership Zeta add on[edit | edit source]
There are approximately 365 alien power cells on Mothership Zeta.
- 48 (4 x 12) on the back shelf of the room where you reunite with Sally after she guides you through the Steamworks; there is also a healing archway and two containers in the same room.
- 44 (2 x 12, 1 x 20) in the Robot Assembly area, downstairs in the first chamber, on a corner shelf near a teleporter room, near a small container, opposite the robot escalator.
- 26 (1 x 15, 1 x 11) in a box with a Nuka-Cola Quantum on the second floor of the Engineering Core where Sally and the other non-player characters are located. It will only appear after the third generator from Among the Stars is destroyed. The box is located on a railing behind the workbench; you will have to either jump or pull it over from the side.
- 51 (3 x 12, 1 x 15) in the Weapons Lab area, on the shelves next to the atomic pulverizer.
- 87 (6 x 12, 1 x 15) on a set of tables towards the end of the Weapons Lab area near where the Destabilizer is found, along with a cache of weapons and armor, including the Gatling laser, plasma mines, and Tesla armor.
- 109 (7 x 12, 1 x 25) in the Biological Research area on a set of shelves under a catwalk, where you reunite with Sally and the others.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- After finishing This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough..., when you return to Earth, it may seem that the APCs and alien blaster are not in their original place. If you go roughly west from the beacon, you will come to a separate crater. In there are the alien items.