|For an overview of Battle rifle models throughout the Fallout series, see Battle rifle.|
The All-American is a unique weapon in Fallout: New Vegas.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The All-American is the unique variant of the semi-automatic Marksman carbine with woodland camouflage, a magazine capacity of 24 and a higher magnification scope of 3.5x magnification (the same as the sniper rifle and the Gobi Campaign scout rifle). It also bears the distinctive 82nd "All-American" Airborne division badge.
It is highly accurate, reliable and powerful with its fast rate of fire, making it one of the most versatile weapons in the game. This versatility includes the wide range of 5.56mm ammunition types; players should be sure to stock up on different 5.56mm variants to utilize this weapon to its full potential.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Marksman carbine, the "common" variant.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Marksman carbine||Scoped assault rifle||24||136.8||5.7||x1||14||0.04||14||5.56mm round||20||6||400||5200||Guns:100 Strength:4|
|All-American||Scoped assault rifle||26||156||6||x1||26||0.035||13||5.56mm round||24||6||400||5600||Guns:100 Strength:4|
Location[edit | edit source]
It is located in the Vault 34 armory, on an overturned table to the right side of the armory. If you have a human companion when you access the armory, they may pick up the All-American. Also, the ghouls can kick around the weapon, and explosions can send it flying so if the gun isn't on the table or in a companions inventory, make sure that you search the armory thoroughly.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to patch 126.96.36.1992, the All-American cost 20 AP to use in VATS.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Its name is a reference to the 82nd Airborne Division, nicknamed the "All-American" division because upon activation in 1917 it was found to contain draftees from all forty-eight states.
- The All-American was designed by J.E. Sawyer.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When equipped, the Airborne decal on the gun is replaced by a copy of the gun's texture sheet.
- When going into zoom mode with the weapon equipped a blank terminal screen may come up (re-loading the last save will fix this).
- When dropped, it can disappear for no apparent reason (re-loading a previous save may fix this).