A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Amata in Fallout Shelter
Thank you father, I'll do my best to keep us all safe, inside the Vault and beyond.”— Amata Almodovar, Fallout 3
Background[edit | edit source]
Amata is the Overseer's daughter. Her mother died when she was just two years old. She loves her father dearly and is very loyal to him, but she hopes to change his stance on isolationism. She does not want to defy Alphonse but longs to experience the outside world. The Lone Wanderer and Amata have been best friends since childhood, drawn together by the common bond of not having known their respective mothers. There are conversational choices that can make it seem that the Lone Wanderer has a love interest in Amata; even if these lines can seem sarcastic at times. If your character is female, the conversational choices still exist, but Amata seems less interested romantically.
Her 2274 medical file notes that all medical exams are done with Alphonse's presence, troubling Amata: she is concerned that her father does not trust her. Her father's insistence on being present precludes any possibility of doctor-patient confidentiality. However James, the physician, believes that Amata can be trusted to avoid making bad decisions.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Growing Up Fast: On July 13, 2268, Amata decorates the cafeteria in anticipation of the Lone Wanderer's tenth birthday party. As a gift, Amata gives the Lone Wanderer an intact copy of the 14th issue of Grognak the Barbarian.
- Future Imperfect: On August 3, 2274, Amata is harassed by the Tunnel Snakes gang near the classroom. The Lone Wanderer can help Amata, help the Tunnel Snakes, or leave Amata with the Tunnel Snakes.
- Escape!: Amata awakens the Lone Wanderer with news of James' escape from the vault. She offers her father's pistol and has a plan for the Lone Wanderer's escape. Toward the end of the quest, the Lone Wanderer finds her being interrogated by her father and Officer Steve Mack. If the Lone Wanderer refused to take the gun from Amata she will pull it out, kill Officer Mack, and run into another room.
- Trouble on the Homefront: After The Waters of Life there is a new radio signal in the vicinity of Vault 101, the Vault 101 distress signal from Amata. She gives a brief explanation on the events leading up to that day and gives the Lone Wanderer the password to open the vault door. Amata will mention the vault is in trouble and that she needs the Lone Wanderer's help to stop the Overseer.
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
- Amata's Fate: If the Lone Wanderer completes the Trouble on the Homefront quest by destroying the vault's reactor, there is a random encounter involving Amata and Enclave soldiers. They will ask her for the location of Vault 101, which she will give to them. Afterward, the soldiers will open fire and kill her, unless the Lone Wanderer is fast enough at killing the Enclave, at which point she will walk away, and berate the Lone Wanderer if engaged, saying "Stay away from me - this is all your fault!".
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Vault 101 jumpsuit
Drops on death
* Only if you refuse the pistol, or during Trouble on the Homefront.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Amata appears floating face down during the hallucination that occurs while intoxicated with punga fruit seeds in the Fallout 3 add-on Point Lookout.
- Amata appears running down the hall towards the Lone Wanderer during a hallucination inside Vault 106. Firing on her figure will result in a karma loss.
- When the Lone Wanderer leaves Vault 101 for the first time, Amata (if the Lone Wanderer took the pistol) might be knocked out by any remaining guards. However, if Amata kept the pistol, she will fire upon and kill the hostile guards.
- Amata's name is related to the word love in the romance languages.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Things got worse after you left, my father's gone mad with power, if you can hear this please stop looking for your dad and help stop mine."
- "Daddy please stop, don't you understand, I can't tell you. Why are you doing this to me?"
- "I'm not telling you anything, and don't pretend you aren't enjoying this daddy. You're sick."
- "My god what have you done? You killed him, why would you kill my father?"
- "Thank you father, I'll do my best to keep us all safe, inside the Vault and beyond."
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- If you complete the Trouble on the Homefront quest by killing the Vault overseer and convince her it was your only choice, she will say, "I'm sorry. You're a hero... and you have to leave." This is an homage to the original Fallout at the end of which Vault 13's overseer says the same line. (Certain dialogue choices may avoid this line)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Amata, being harassed by the Tunnel Snakes during Future Imperfect.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.60: "Amata Almodovar
Amata is the Overseer's daughter. Her mother died when she was just two years old. She loves her father dearly and is very loyal to him, but she hopes to change his stance on isolationism. She does not want to defy Alphonse but longs to experience the outside world. You and Amata have been best friends all your life, drawn together by the common bond of not having known your mothers."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)