A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault
by filling it in
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault
Anders is a Khan drug runner working for Diane and Jack of the Great Khans who can be found crucified at Cottonwood Cove in Fallout: New Vegas.
Anders was originally sent out of Red Rock Canyon about three weeks before the Courier's arrival there, in order to find a route into Arizona, to open up a new market for the Khans' "recreational" goods. However, Anders was apprehended by members of the Caesar's Legion near Cottonwood Cove and promptly crucified for dealing in chems, as Caesar's law dictates.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
- Oh My Papa: To gain Diane and Jack's trust, you need to find where Anders has gone or pass a speech check.
- Aba Daba Honeymoon: You can find Anders crucified just outside Cottonwood Cove. You must untie him to continue the mission as killing him results in the quest's failure. He will then rejoin Jack and Diane at the Red Rock Drug Lab.
- If the player completed the speech challenge with Jack, therefore bypassing any need to complete any quests, asking Diane for work will cause her to ask for help finding Anders, who will still be on the cross.
- There are two characters in Fallout: New Vegas named "Anders". One is this Anders, a Great Khan that you need to rescue from Cottonwood Cove for the Aba Daba Honeymoon quest, and the other is Ranger Bryce Anders, who is found in Vault 3.
- On a terminal in Sanctuary in Fallout 4 The previous owner of the terminal has an entry titled "Anders". The entry details a child who buys 50 bloodpacks a week, along with sarcastic speculation from the previous owner that the child might be a vampire.
- "Thanks for getting me down from that cross. I owe you one."
Anders appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Ranger Station Foxtrot and be killed by the NCR Rangers there.
Sometimes, Anders will randomly appear at
Locating Cottonwood Cove and talking to Anders before going to Red Rock Canyon and starting 'Aba Daba Honeymoon' may result in the quest becoming broken and impossible to finish. Fast traveling to the Sniper's Nest will result in the game freezing during the loading screen and it is also impossible to approach Anders by fast traveling to another nearby location and walking up to him as the game will freeze up when the player gets within a certain distance of Cottonwood Cove from any direction (the game repeatedly froze on me when Anders appeared as a blue mark on the compass). Putting the quest off until later (fast traveling, completing other quests, sleeping, waiting, leveling up, etc.) will not fix this glitch.
- Cottonwood Cove. This can happen if the player had contact with Anders before the quest Oh My Papa, but can also happen if the player hadn't. There is no known workaround for console players. An alternative is to approach Jack instead of Diane for the speech check in 'Oh My Papa'. That way, Anders can be freed in 'Aba Daba Honeymoon' instead. Sometimes using a KO weapon (boxing tape, etc.)can be used to knock Anders off the cross without killing him.
The game will not give the player an option to untie Anders in
Punching him to release him will result in him standing idle. The same dialog occurs as if he was still tied up.
Should he become hostile after you've got him down from the cross, just run away until he no longer chases you. You can then complete the quest successfully. Killing Anders while still tied to the cross will not fail the quest, and after a few in game days he will be alive again and still tied to the cross.
- addtopic AndersFree, then re-initiate dialogue with him. PC users can open the console, click Anders, and type