Andy (Fallout: New Vegas)
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
It's funny, you get stuck in your room for a few weeks, you start to worry the world's gonna fall apart without you.”
Background[edit | edit source]
Ranger Andy is a retired Ranger living in his bungalow in Novac. He injured his entire body, and more specifically his arm and leg, when a child dropped a grenade by his feet while he was clearing a building. He later injured his leg again by falling down the motel stairs in Novac. Andy, now practically crippled, sits around his bungalow counting cracks in the ceiling resting his injured leg.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Andy and Charlie: Andy will ask the player to check on Ranger Station Charlie, as he hasn't heard from them in a while.
- One for My Baby: Ranger Andy can be one of the people persuaded to go in front of Dinky the Dinosaur, although he is not the true culprit.
- Old School Ghoul: Raul Tejada will ask the player about their opinion on Ranger Andy, as part of Raul's companion quest.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- Andy will teach the player the Ranger Takedown unarmed perk after either a 30 speech check or completing the unmarked quest, Andy and Charlie.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|NCR Ranger patrol armor|
|.44 Magnum revolver|
Drops on death
|No additional items|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is a copy of the D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine on the bed inside his Novac house.
- Remember that Ranger Andy is a Ranger and therefore will see through any disguise you may use. If the player is 'Hated' by the NCR and hostile with them, this makes completing Old School Ghoul impossible.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Ranger Andy appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- After asking Ranger Andy about the station and going down to check it the station may not have been attacked at all. There will be a single ranger in the station talking about how he has too many medical supplies.
- Occasionally, when entering Ranger Andy's Bungalow, Ranger Andy will become hostile for no apparent reason. This will also cause any Novac Citizens in the area to also become hostile toward you. This is caused by wearing Brotherhood of Steel Armor. Just remove the armor and you should be good to go.
There is a bug that will not let you speak to Ranger Andy and the screen goes in for a conversation but then recedes the reason is unknown for now. Raul will still talk to you about his past once you leave the house.
- set "00084233".bRangerStationCharlieStage to 0 into the console. Alternatively, enter player.additem 000ccfc9 1 into your console. This will add a note to your inventory, allowing you to speak to Ranger Andy again and thereby initiating the Ranger Station Charlie side quest. This occurs after passing the Speech check to bypass the Ranger Station Charlie side quest, and the next time you talk to Andy; you can fix this by entering
- When you bring Raul to Ranger Andy and talk to him he does not give a response and you are unable to talk to him and finish Raul's unmarked quest which makes it impossible to complete the quest.
If the above mentioned glitch of speaking with Andy and no dialog appears then exits immediately after retrieving the holotapes from Camp Charlie, load to a save before speaking with Andy and head to the camp. Hopefully the camp will have been attacked and you can retrieve the holotapes. Then go back and speak with Andy to start his quest and finish it without receiving the chat glitch. Also received Raul's conversation upon leaving Andy's bungalow.
- set "000e61a5".MetRangerAndy to 1. This must be done in an indoor area. Transition to an outdoor area and Raul should initiate conversation. If that console command doesn't do the trick, try set "000e61a5".MetRangerAndy to 2 and pick his dialogue option about Ranger Andy. If you are playing the PC version and this bug occurs, you can correct this by using the console and typing the following exactly: