Andy and Charlie
Andy and Charlie
The attacked rangers at Ranger Station Charlie
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Former NCR Ranger Andy, will ask the Courier to check on Ranger Station Charlie. Upon arrival, you will find that all the rangers have been killed by Caesar's Legion troops, who left behind two holotapes. The first is located under the desk, and the second one is on a metal crate next to the desk.
The first holotape is an abortive log recording by an unsuspecting ranger just before the attack. The second holotape is a recording of a legionary boasting that by wiping out the base, they are sending a message to the NCR. The legionary also states that they took a female Ranger captive - the same female Ranger that can be fought in the arena at The Fort.
Returning to Andy with the news will net 200 caps, plus fame with both the NCR and Novac. Passing a speech check (60 Speech) will cause infamy with NCR and Novac but an additional 200 caps.
After completing this unmarked quest, Andy will offer to train the player a special unarmed move, Ranger Takedown. He will also offer to train this move without completion of the quest by passing a Speech check of 30.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- You can visit Ranger Station Charlie as part of the quest Return to Sender, and go visit Ranger Andy after completing that quest.
- Even if you have not initiated this unmarked quest, you may hear people say, "I heard there was a massacre at one of the ranger stations, not sure which one though."
- There are several boobytraps inside the building and surrounding the bodies.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Stepinac, causing no holotapes to spawn and rendering the quest impossible to complete. After speaking with Andy and traveling to Ranger Station Charlie, you may find no rangers outside but once inside the station the only living person will be Comm Officer
References[edit | edit source]
- Quest name from Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide