The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
So at last you have penetrated the Court of the AntAgonizer, Queen of all Ants!”
Tanya Christoff AKA the "AntAgonizer" is a "supervillainess" located in the town of Canterbury Commons in Fallout 3. She possesses control over giant ants and is fighting her nemesis, the Mechanist. She is dressed in an ant costume, comically emulating a supervillainess.
Background[edit | edit source]
Born 27 years ago, Tanya’s parents lived as caravan drivers, before they were killed by Ants, an event that made Tanya lose herself in the world of Hubris Comics’s characters and befriend the insects that spared her life. She cites their instinctual willingness to work together to accomplish goals, unlike humans' desire to kill one another through warfare. Christoff thinks that Canterbury Commons —a major location in the trading route her parents helped put on the map— is a blight on the Wasteland. Locals used to see Christoff lurking in a sewer system to the north of town, covered in mud and dirt. Giant Ants eventually started hanging around. A few months ago, she disappeared and reappeared as the AntAgonizer and has been harassing the town ever since.
A terminal in Hubris Comics contains a letter to the editor mentioning the AntAgonizer as one of Grognak the Barbarian's villains. The letter expresses disappointment saying the villain "never developed fully". The AntAgonizer's background story matches the comic book and she was to appear in Grognak and the Ants of Agony, but the comic was thrown out due to bad writing.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- The Superhuman Gambit: Uncle Roe offers a quest to stop the AntAgonizer's battle with the Mechanist.
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
- Wrath of the AntAgonizer: If the Lone Wanderer sides with the AntAgonizer during "The Superhuman Gambit", there is a random encounter later on in which you find the AntAgonizer and a group of her ants attacking a group of wastelanders. The AntAgonizer is neutral towards the Lone Wanderer, but will turn hostile if you attack her ants.
- The Lone Wanderer can convince her to stop harassing the town without passing the speech check. If the Lone Wanderer tells her that they know where she got the inspiration for her AntAgonizer identity, and the Lone Wanderer convinces her that there may be a second chance for her, she will give the Lone Wanderer the AntAgonizer costume and leave. The Lone Wanderer will receive karma. If the Lone Wanderer manages to convince the AntAgonizer to give up her superhuman identity, she may be seen wandering the Wasteland near Megaton without her AntAgonizer costume.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|AntAgonizer Lair key|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Talking to Joe Porter reveals that her name is Tanya Christoff. He also offers insight into her (apparent) madness.
- It seems that AntAgonizer may have gone too far on her "future is for the ants, not for the human beings" philosophy, as she usually has a human flesh in her inventory instead of more common consumable items (discovered when viewing her inventory items via console).
- If the Lone Wanderer helps the Antagonizer during this quest, she can be found wandering the wasteland with her ants in a random encounter, allowing the Lone Wanderer to obtain both costumes if you kill her upon this meeting. Alternatively, kill all the ants in the AntAgonizers lair, then visit the Robot Repair center. Convince the Mechanist that he is being a worse problem than the AntAgonizer ever was alone, then go back to the AntAgonizers lair. She will still be sitting on her "throne".
- The Lone Wanderer can obtain her costume through speech with the Lady Killer perk.
- It is possible to get 3 copies of her costume via exploits/glitches, look at Fallout 3 bugs for instructions on how to do this.
- The Lone Wanderer can simply kill her the first time they meet her when she is fighting the Mechanist in the street, the Lone Wanderer will get 400 caps from the mayor.
- The AntAgonizer will reward the Lone Wanderer with her unique knife, the Ant's Sting, if the Lone Wanderer kill or convince the Mechanist to give up and bring her his costume.
- If the Lone Wanderer does not wish to go through the cavern leading to the AntAgonizer, there is a locked sewer grate on the top of the hill leading to the back entrance. The Lone Wanderer will have to hop on some rocks to get there, but this route takes the Lone Wanderer straight to the throne room where they can quickly get the quest done.
- Also, by way of the back entrance if the Lone Wanderer has not gone into Canterbury Commons yet, they can place mines around her throne which will detonate instantly when they return to talk to her after the confrontation in town. This will save a small amount of time fighting her.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Tanya Christoff, The AntAgonizer appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- In the Polish version of the game, she is called "Entomologia" (Entomology) as a reference to Entomologia Motylkowska, a character in comic books by Tadeusz Baranowski.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes she can glitch and end up standing outside of Megaton, still dressed in her costume but unaccompanied by her ants. This bug can occur if The Superhuman Gambit was completed without visiting her.
- It is possible for her to be invincible in the stand off between her and the Mechanist. This can even continue on into her lair if you choose to fight her. This can be fixed by loading a previous save or by targeting her with a high power weapon (like a missile launcher or Nuka-grenade) in V.A.T.S. Which should kill her instantly.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.100: "The Antagonizer (Tanya Christoff)
Born 27 years ago, Tanya's parents lived as caravan drivers, before they were killed by Ants, an event that made Tanya lose herself in the world of Hubris Comics's characters and befriend the insects that spared her life. Christoff thinks that Canterbury Commons—a major location in the trading route her parents helped put on the map—is a blight on the Wasteland. Locals used to see Christoff lurking in a sewer system to the north of town, covered in mud and dirt. Giant Ants eventually started hanging around. A few months ago, she disappeared and reappeared as the AntAgonizer and has been harassing the town ever since."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)