Ant Misbehavin' is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
Giant ants have tunneled into the Boomers' generator room and set up a nest. They would be grateful if the Courier took care of their pest problem.
- Speak to Master at Arms Raquel about the "bug problem".
- Head to the Nellis array and kill all the giant ants in generator room.
- (Optional) Talk to Loyal: pass a Science or Speech check to convince him to hand over a sonic emitter and then place it on the ant mound.
- Restart the two array generators, then reset the main breaker.
- Return to Raquel and inform her that the array is bug free.
|1|| ||Restart the 2 array generators, then reset the main power breaker.|
|2|| ||Kill all ants in the generator room.|
|3|| ||(Optional) Loyal may have something to help with the ants.|
|4|| ||(Optional) Place Loyal's sonic emitter on the Ant Mound.|
|5|| ||(Optional) Activate the sonic emitter.|
|6||Return to Raquel and let her know the generators are running again.|
- It is actually not necessary to kill the ants as long as you turn the power back on. You can then return to Raquel and lie about the ants being cleared out with a Speech check (55). You lose a bit of karma but still get the Boomer fame, experience points and complete the quest.
- The ants will explode if killed with most weapons including explosives, energy weapons, the ballistic fist, the Ripper, or the chainsaw. This is due to the ants eating munitions and gun powder. Regular ammunition firearms do not have this issue.
- Activating the sonic emitter will kill any ants in the vicinity.
Behind the scenes
The title of the quest is a cultural reference to the song "Ain't Misbehavin'" written by Fats Waller, Harry Brooks (music) and Andy Razaf (lyrics).
When completing the quest, the terminal near the solar panels seems to magically disappear leaving no trace whatsoever.
When speaking to Raquel after completing all objectives, the only available option available may be "Goodbye", making it impossible to complete the quest.
- completeallobjectives 1083de gets you past this. For the Xbox 360, just leave the three switches alone, then do a quest for the Boomers and return to turn on the switches after the quest is complete. On occasion, the main circuit breaker switch will not register being activated. The switch will move up and down, but the quest will not advance. Using
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|