Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
I'm always glad to see a customer, especially if they are dressed so hideously. Seriously, we have to get you a new wardrobe.”— Anthony Ling, Fallout 3.
Background[edit | edit source]
The owner of New Urban Apparel, he sells all manner of clothing items to the residents of Tenpenny Tower. His selection is unmatched in the entire D.C. wasteland, and he's particularly proud of the excellent condition pre-War items he has managed to salvage throughout the years.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 260-540|
Sells: armor and clothing
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Tenpenny Tower: Anthony Ling is one of the residents who needs to be convinced to allow ghouls to live in the tower.
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
- Robbing his safe results in Ling informing the Lone Wanderer that he is frustrated that Tenpenny Tower isn't as safe as he thought and leaving.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Tenpenny resident's key|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- He will comment negatively on the Lone Wanderers clothing, regardless of what the Lone Wanderer is wearing.
- Anthony Ling can vanish from Tenpenny Tower if you have robbed him before trying to convince him to live with ghouls, but after talking to Mr. Tenpenny he will be noted as convinced and you can receive the payment.
- Anthony's AI packages suggest he may be homosexual. In particular, he is assigned a script package with the ID AnthonyLingFlirtWithMaleGuards, which directs him to seek out Tenpenny guards and engage them in conversation. Millicent Wellington makes a reference to him flirting with the guards in one of the random conversations she may have with her husband. She suggests, however, that Ling should find a nice girl to settle down with. His tone of voice and demeanor also implies this fact.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Occasionally, he can be found wandering around the areas of Vault 101 and (blown-up) Megaton. The Lone Wanderer can speak to him and he will act as if he is in Tenpenny Tower.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Anthony Ling appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.60-61: "Anthony Ling
The owner of New Urban Apparel, he sells all manner of clothing items to the residents of Tenpenny Tower. His selection is unmatched in the entire D.C. Wasteland, and he's particularly proud of the excellent condition pre-War items he has managed to salvage throughout the years."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)