Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Antivenom is modern medicine's answer to the tribal antidote. Its use can cure any poison, and fixes the "blur" side effect instantly. To use this medicine one must drink it. Antivenom is a purely medicinal consumable with no side effects other than a bad taste.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Often carried by various Caesar's Legion troops.
- Two near Callville Bay inside the boat hangar in the boat where several young cazadors are.
- Can be found on the shelf to the side of the Vit-o-Matic Vigor Tester in Doc Mitchell's house, along with some stimpaks.
- Two can be found in the safe where you find the unique weapon Lucky in the Bison Steve Hotel in Primm.
- One can be found on the floor at Raul's Shack.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to patch 18.104.22.1684, the recipe for antivenom required a total of four radscorpion poison glands, rather than two.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Originally, it was planned to have specific types of antivenom for the different types of venom each animal had. However, at some point during development, the antivenom items was simplified to a cure all generic antivenom. However, there are several variations of the antivenom flask with the game files with differing textures and model names, antivenombark, antivenomcaz and antivenomrad, signifying what type of venom they were meant for.
Interestingly, the models for these other variants of antivenom aren't unused but actually repurposed for other items. The model for antivenombark is reused for Bitter drink and Tremble, antivenomcaz reused for Bleak venom and Datura hide, and antivenomrad is reused for Mother Darkness and Weapon binding ritual.
- The Courier: "Any more recipes.. or histories... you can teach?"
Ulysses: "Antivenom's helpful around the Mojave with the Bark Scorpions. Even one sting can kill you. Tunneler bite can be just as bad. My tribe, Twisted Hairs, had a better way than Antivenom, if you act fast. Snakebite Tourniquet - cuts off the venom, no need to scavenge glands and blood. Or drink that mess. Part of the reason we wore our hair like we did, like I do now. Here's some for the road - trick to making it's not hard. Get bit, hook and twist it. Fast as blinking, doesn't give poison time to sink in."